By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Gonorrhea superbug strand found. Make sure you wear protection. updated with most common STD list.

spaceguy said:

This makes you wonder did the Gonorrhea mutate from Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster.

Mutations that cause anti-biotic resistance in bacteria occur all the time. I seriously doubt that would have had any effect.

Antibiotic resistance is something that is genuinely scary though, we have to become more clever in dealing with it. I'm always reading about new techniques and approaches, but very few of them actually seem to come through.

Around the Network

Don't the russians use some other technique to kill bacteria? I read about it once, it's not used in the west because it isn't profitable enough...

edit: This is what I mean:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacteriophage

highwaystar101 said:
spaceguy said:

This makes you wonder did the Gonorrhea mutate from Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster.

Mutations that cause anti-biotic resistance in bacteria occur all the time. I seriously doubt that would have had any effect.

Antibiotic resistance is something that is genuinely scary though, we have to become more clever in dealing with it. I'm always reading about new techniques and approaches, but very few of them actually seem to come through.

You did see I did say it was from antibiotics. I was just shedding light on the dirty energy. We all need to move to clean energy but yes you are right.

spaceguy said:
highwaystar101 said:
spaceguy said:

You did see I did say it was from antibiotics. I was just shedding light on the dirty energy. We all need to move to clean energy but yes you are right.

Nuclear power is clean energy, compared to fossil fuels.

And no, nuclear radiation did not cause gonorrhea to mutate.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
spaceguy said:
highwaystar101 said:
spaceguy said:

Just gonna be that guy for a second, but fossil fuels account for very little electricity, which is what nuclear energy is used for. For the large majority, we use coal for electricity.

Around the Network
DaHuuuuuudge said:
Kantor said:

Just gonna be that guy for a second, but fossil fuels account for very little electricity, which is what nuclear energy is used for. For the large majority, we use coal for electricity.

Nuclear power is a hell of a lot cleaner than coal as well. Coal pollutes more than oil and gas.

Now we just need nuclear reactors small enough to fit in a car engine

EDIT: Also, coal is a fossil fuel.

Kantor said:
spaceguy said:
highwaystar101 said:
spaceguy said:

But when there is a melt down then what? Guess what happens on a bad day at a solar or wind farm, NOTHING!!!

spaceguy said:
Kantor said:

But when there is a melt down then what? Guess what happens on a bad day at a solar or wind farm, NOTHING!!!

Compare a car crash to a horse crash.

And yet which is a superior method of transport?

Furthermore, oil rigs cause oil leaks, and coal mines cause pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. It's true that solar and wind farms do nothing when they break down, but that's because they never do anything, because they are so inefficient and sporadic.

We should keep working on solar power, but it's not viable enough to provide a majority of our energy needs yet.

I had once an infection :/ that was not nice not at all. It felt like somebody was chewing on my dick all the time, and I don´t mean the pleasent kind of chewing.

Kantor said:
spaceguy said:
Kantor said:

Compare a car crash to a horse crash.

And yet which is a superior method of transport?

Furthermore, oil rigs cause oil leaks, and coal mines cause pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. It's true that solar and wind farms do nothing when they break down, but that's because they never do anything, because they are so inefficient and sporadic.

We should keep working on solar power, but it's not viable enough to provide a majority of our energy needs yet.

Solar power is doubleing in efficiency every 1-2 years. Also if we subsidized clean energy like we do oil we would already have it figured out. C'mon.

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/end-polluter-welfare/ Here look at this clock of how much money we give oil companies.