By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Post Your Favorite 80s Songs

MontanaHatchet said:
WiiBox3 said:

No Aha yet? http://youtu.be/djV11Xbc914

Love that video.

What? I assumed someone posted this early on and I just missed it. Would've been sacrilege not to post it. *Phew*. Thank you my good sir.

@Euphoria: I was born in 1985 and I've been playing catchup ever since. Was still old enough then to hear inklings of Guns n'Roses.

Could you imagine what it would have been like if we lived in the 80's a teenagers when MJ dropped great hits like "Beat It" and "Billy Jean"? I can't even imagine what it was like the first time the Thriller video was shown. Must have been incredible back then.

Even my favorite movies come from the 80's.

Not to mention that is when the NES showed up.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Madonna - Like A Prayer

Switch!!!

Not sure if it was posted yet, but for some reason I love listening to this song, lol.

I think it is also the only song I like from The Outfield.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
WiiBox3 said:

Love that video.

What? I assumed someone posted this early on and I just missed it. Would've been sacrilege not to post it. *Phew*. Thank you my good sir.

@Euphoria: I was born in 1985 and I've been playing catchup ever since. Was still old enough then to hear inklings of Guns n'Roses.

Could you imagine what it would have been like if we lived in the 80's a teenagers when MJ dropped great hits like "Beat It" and "Billy Jean"? I can't even imagine what it was like the first time the Thriller video was shown. Must have been incredible back then.

I was a teenager in the last 90s/early 00s, which admittedly was not the best time for music. Luckily I was able to discover bands like Radiohead and System of a Down early on, but I also went back to the 80s for a lot of my music. But yeah, we'll probably never get another star who was as big as MJ. Someone who was an incredible dancer, singer, and songwriter. And 80s movies were so great. There should have been a Karate Kid montage that I posted somewhere in this thread.

Oh, and we were there for the SNES, so we can't complain too much there.

MontanaHatchet said:
Euphoria14 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
WiiBox3 said:

Love that video.

I was a teenager in the last 90s/early 00s, which admittedly was not the best time for music. Luckily I was able to discover bands like Radiohead and System of a Down early on, but I also went back to the 80s for a lot of my music. But yeah, we'll probably never get another star who was as big as MJ. Someone who was an incredible dancer, singer, and songwriter. And 80s movies were so great. There should have been a Karate Kid montage that I posted somewhere in this thread.

Oh, and we were there for the SNES, so we can't complain too much there.

Oh man, bringing me back to the days of chilling in my friends drive way playing hoops and blasting some Chop Suey.

My big favorites from the 80's all have to do with a hockey mask wearing serial killer.

Currently playing:

Around the Network

I always liked Toxicity more as far as SOAD songs go, but Chop Suey of course is fantastic. "FATHER, FATHER!!" might be one of the coolest moments in any modern song.

Also I was thinking more of stuff like Ferris Bueller and Weird Science, but I like the way you think lol.

MontanaHatchet said:
I always liked Toxicity more as far as SOAD songs go, but Chop Suey of course is fantastic. "FATHER, FATHER!!" might be one of the coolest moments in any modern song.

Also I was thinking more of stuff like Ferris Bueller and Weird Science, but I like the way you think lol.

Friday The 13th

A Christmas Story

Full Metal Jacket

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Ghostbusters

Back to the Future

Die hard

The Princess Bride

Those are my movies right there.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Friday The 13th

A Christmas Story

Full Metal Jacket

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Ghostbusters

Back to the Future

Die hard

The Princess Bride

Those are my movies right there.

How could I forget Back to the Future? Didn't like 2 and 3 as much as the first one, but they were still good.

Also, if you can help it, NEVER watch the Karate Kid sequels. They will ruin your childhood.

I wanna dance with somebody - Whitney Houston

There must be an angel (playing with my heart) the eurythmics

Hounds of Love - Kate Bush

MontanaHatchet said:
Euphoria14 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

How could I forget Back to the Future? Didn't like 2 and 3 as much as the first one, but they were still good.

Also, if you can help it, NEVER watch the Karate Kid sequels. They will ruin your childhood.

Are you telling me that you didn't like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDchGHJdRVs

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger