By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Post Your Favorite 80s Songs

MontanaHatchet said:
Euphoria14 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
I always liked Toxicity more as far as SOAD songs go, but Chop Suey of course is fantastic. "FATHER, FATHER!!" might be one of the coolest moments in any modern song.

Also I was thinking more of stuff like Ferris Bueller and Weird Science, but I like the way you think lol.

Friday The 13th

A Christmas Story

Full Metal Jacket

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Ghostbusters

Back to the Future

Die hard

The Princess Bride

Those are my movies right there.

How could I forget Back to the Future? Didn't like 2 and 3 as much as the first one, but they were still good.

Also, if you can help it, NEVER watch the Karate Kid sequels. They will ruin your childhood.

Oh, i've seen them all, lol.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Can't remember. Was that the lame nose pinching thing that Miyagi did in the opening to 2?

MontanaHatchet said:
Can't remember. Was that the lame nose pinching thing that Miyagi did in the opening to 2?

If I remember correctly, didn't it open with the ending from the first movie? If so, then yes, that is the same nose pinch.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

If I remember correctly, didn't it open with the ending from the first movie? If so, then yes, that is the same nose pinch.

Pretty sure the second movie opened with the aftermath of the first tournament. Johnny lost, so the Cobra Kai commander just starts choking him. Everything about it was so out of character and stupid.

Found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuFd0DDT_Lo

MontanaHatchet said:
Euphoria14 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Pretty sure the second movie opened with the aftermath of the first tournament. Johnny lost, so the Cobra Kai commander just starts choking him. Everything about it was so out of character and stupid.

Found it:

Yeah, it was definitely silly. John Kreese is a bitter man and a sore loser and does not accept failure. His vietnam war background is probably why he is so violent and even wanted his students to perform illegal hits. It is probably why he also called Miyagi a "Slope".

The guy was just an all around douche.

Currently playing:

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Euphoria14 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Found it:

Yeah, it was definitely silly. John Kreese is a bitter man and a sore loser and does not accept failure. His vietnam war background is probably why he is so violent and even wanted his students to perform illegal hits. It is probably why he also called Miyagi a "Slope".

Thing is, I can totally understand him being a douche. His "no mercy" attitude made sense. But choking one of his students and then getting beat by Miyagi in such a comical manner pretty much ruined his entire character in the course of a couple minutes. And the scene itself left much to be desired.

*Rant over*

But yeah, Ferris Bueller's Day Off is pretty much the best teen movie ever IMO so I'm really glad they didn't decide to ruin it by making a sequel. 

MontanaHatchet said:
Euphoria14 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Euphoria14 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Found it:

Thing is, I can totally understand him being a douche. His "no mercy" attitude made sense. But choking one of his students and then getting beat by Miyagi in such a comical manner pretty much ruined his entire character in the course of a couple minutes. And the scene itself left much to be desired.

*Rant over*

But yeah, Ferris Bueller's Day Off is pretty much the best teen movie ever IMO so I'm really glad they didn't decide to ruin it by making a sequel. 

I agree with you there. His characters was destroyed from there on. Seriously, the guy punches his hand through not just one but TWO windows?

As for Ferris Bueller, yes, that was a real funny movie. I also like The Breakfast Club.

Currently playing:

It was ridiculous. For a supposedly formidable black belt, he looked like a complete idiot in that scene. Even Johnny and co. put up a better fight during the skeleton fight scene in the first movie.

And the Breakfast Club was awesome. Did a re-watch after I saw Futurama's "Luck of the Fryrish." So good.

MontanaHatchet said:
It was ridiculous. For a supposedly formidable black belt, he looked like a complete idiot in that scene. Even Johnny and co. put up a better fight during the skeleton fight scene in the first movie.

And the Breakfast Club was awesome. Did a re-watch after I saw Futurama's "Luck of the Fryrish." So good.

All because of this thread not only am I enjoying some 80's music at my work desk but I also want to watch some Ferris Bueller and Breakfast Club when I get home.

It's funny when my co-workers who are around the age of 20-23 look at me like there is something wrong with me because I listen to 80's music and not the stuff they enjoy these days.

Just yesterday one of them walked over and a Cyndi Lauper song was on. He was like "How do you listen to that crap?".

I said "Easy, it's good music".

Edit - Enjoying some Whitesnake now.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

All because of this thread not only am I enjoying some 80's music at my work desk but I also want to watch some Ferris Bueller and Breakfast Club when I get home.

It's funny when my co-workers who are around the age of 20-23 look at me like there is something wrong with me because I listen to 80's music and not the stuff they enjoy these days.

Just yesterday one of them walked over and a Cyndi Lauper song was on. He was like "How do you listen to that crap?".

I said "Easy, it's good music".

Edit - Enjoying some Whitesnake now.

I'm assuming that your co-workers listen to LMFAO or Katy Perry or something like that. I wouldn't mind these actually if I didn't have to hear them everywhere. I certainly don't appreciate being told what to like and having it shoved down my throat. But I digress. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the 80s were awesome because the general culture didn't take itself so seriously. It was incredibly camp at times, but there was a certain charm to it. I'm really not a fan of auto-tune, so that turns me off most music nowadays too. Just give me something real.