By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are there any decent current-gen games you've played that had noticeably bad graphics?

If so, how often does it occur!?

No, and never 9 12.00%

Yes, but rarely 28 37.33%

Yes, sometimes 27 36.00%

Yes, half the time 3 4.00%

Yes, more than half the time 7 9.33%

Total:74
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
Pandora's Tower, the Wii versions of World at War, Modern Warfare, and Black Ops.

thats not really fair, how were you expecting them to look?? I think that is simply the best the Wii could do with those types of games

Modern Warfare 3 on Wii is a good indicator that those 3 could have looked a little better I'd say.

id have to disagree, i noticed terrible lag, screen tearing and pop in on the MW3 wii version. Ill give you that a look a little better than the priors, but by a hair

First a disclaimer; I only play offline.

But I found the character/gun models, environments, and effects like water & blood splatter to be signiicantly better in MW3 than its Wii prequels. It just looked alot sharper and more detailed. It also seemed to push bigger environments and more characters at once.

offline is where i noticed those problems. and online...hoo boy. from what i heard they patched it up

I was actually impressed by how good they got MW3 to look considering how much the game pushes at once in terms of characters, action, environmental scale, etc. W@W/BO/MWR could've benefitted from looking as sharp.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
Pandora's Tower, the Wii versions of World at War, Modern Warfare, and Black Ops.

thats not really fair, how were you expecting them to look?? I think that is simply the best the Wii could do with those types of games

You seem to have missed the point of the thread - to demonstrate that the graphical quality doesn't make a game bad. Those games looked pretty bad (at least, WaW did - I didn't get MW, and I haven't yet played Black Ops), but they were still very good games.

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

Modern Warfare 3 on Wii is a good indicator that those 3 could have looked a little better I'd say.

id have to disagree, i noticed terrible lag, screen tearing and pop in on the MW3 wii version. Ill give you that a look a little better than the priors, but by a hair

First a disclaimer; I only play offline.

But I found the character/gun models, environments, and effects like water & blood splatter to be signiicantly better in MW3 than its Wii prequels. It just looked alot sharper and more detailed. It also seemed to push bigger environments and more characters at once.

offline is where i noticed those problems. and online...hoo boy. from what i heard they patched it up

I was actually impressed by how good they got MW3 to look considering how much the game pushes at once in terms of characters, action, environmental scale, etc. W@W/BO/MWR could've benefitted from looking as sharp.

I wasnt impressed at all. where just gonna gave to agree to disagree

Aielyn said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

You seem to have missed the point of the thread - to demonstrate that the graphical quality doesn't make a game bad. Those games looked pretty bad (at least, WaW did - I didn't get MW, and I haven't yet played Black Ops), but they were still very good games.

i didnt miss the point of anything, and i dont know where your pulling that graphical quality doesnt make a game bad thing, cause i never said other wise. Yes those games do look pretty bad, but i wasnt expecting better, we are talking about games meant to run on HD consoles and downgraded visually.  I cant think of an FPS that looks better on WIi

oniyide said:
Aielyn said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

i didnt miss the point of anything, and i dont know where your pulling that graphical quality doesnt make a game bad thing, cause i never said other wise. Yes those games do look pretty bad, but i wasnt expecting better, we are talking about games meant to run on HD consoles and downgraded visually.  I cant think of an FPS that looks better on WIi

Look at the name of the thread. Now look at the first post in the thread. The topic is about decent games with noticeably bad graphics. Not "which games had worse graphics than they should have".

Meanwhile, in terms of pure technical quality, The Conduit far outpaced WaW. Its downfall was in terms of graphical style - that is, art direction. Metroid Prime 3 looks better on Wii, and is an FPS/FPA.

Around the Network
oniyide said: I cant think of an FPS that looks better on WIi

Metroid Prime 3, Conduit 1 & 2, Goldeneye 007.

Basically, all the good games I have on the Wii have pretty shitty graphics

And last weekend I played that little gem called Quantum Conundrum, which has VERY VERY basic graphics and no graphics options on PC. Still a good game.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Ju-On: The Grudge. It's not even a decent game (I know, it does not fit the criteria). It has little to no signs of production value with no replay value at all; and, Lair. I was just not happy with it, overall.

curl-6 said:

I dont think either Conduit games or GE look better, MP3 maybe, been awhile since i played that.

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

I dont think either Conduit games or GE look better, MP3 maybe, been awhile since i played that.

The Conduit games have vastly superior textures, shaders, lighting, visual effects and framerate.

Goldeneye has better textures, animation, and character models.

Metroid Prime 3 has better textures and lighting, and runs at 60fps.