By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official - Wii Breaks 20 Million Thread

Well its inevitable now, this week if Japan and NA data is good enough or next week at the latest. I'm pretty sure it is easily the fastest to 20m in console (and probably handheld) history and it has shown no signs of stopping.

This thread is to be the official discussion thread so we can try to avoid the forum clutter that comes with each of these barriers that is crossed. So feel free to celebrate, post stats, and in general chat about the remarkable Wii sales over the last ~60 weeks that has made the Wii the fastest selling console in history!

20 Million Wiis - Do you Dig it?

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Hopefully it'll be this week but can never tell with the shortages, UK sales surprised me cause I thought it would be another 100K week, but I think most of the shortages are due to the Jan 25th reserve list, so here's to Nintendo, Cheers! *pop a bottle of wine* and if too many shortages it'll be next week so premature cheers lol.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I hope it'll happen this week too! I wonder when it'll sell 25 million.

Go Nintendo GO

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

I like Bacon said:
I hope it'll happen this week too! I wonder when it'll sell 25 million.

My magic 8-ball says April.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I'm more excited about a random number like 9 million or 22.398 million. Wait til Wii software gets to it's 27th million seller, then we can go nuts.

I care only insofar as it forces developers to pay attention and give me plenty of options for gaming goodness in the coming years, without having to buy another system. 

Plus, it is nice to see Nintendo doing well again.

Now, bring on 30 million! 

No grand predictions, i'm just looking forward to playing some good games on my Wii.

I’m marking down when the Wii surpasses the total GameCube worldwide figures. Then I’ll start watching for when it passes the other Nintendo consoles.

NOw after 20th million, the next milestone is to surpass Gamecube, then to meet fiscal year results or break it, then 25th millionth. Then 30th million and so on and on................

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

jheco05 said:
NOw after 20th million, the next milestone is to surpass Gamecube, then to meet fiscal year results or break it, then 25th millionth. Then 30th million and so on and on................

Pretty Much.  People like excuses to celebrate

To Each Man, Responsibility