By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official - Wii Breaks 20 Million Thread

i agree 20 mil is a boring #

holla when wii hit 100 in 2 1/2 years

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

it might not happen this week. According to prelims it is 100-130k in Japan, but NA might be way down. If Japan is closer to 100k i don't think it will happen.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Reckon Nintendo are gonna try and beat Gc's total before end of fisal year so they can announce it - I reckon end of march

Go nintendo, but it hasn't done it yet, and it might not do it this week.

Anyone feel like doing a comparison between how long it took for the Wii and other consoles to hit 20M?

In any case, yay! \o/

Around the Network

Has Nintendo released their fiscal data for the quarter so we can see comparisons to VGC?

Also Parokki, DS took albout 82 weeks and PS2 took about 95 weeks

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Nope, the fad is over and Wii will be selling 10 units a week for the rest of its lifetime. Meanwhile...PS3 sales will explode to 500,000 a week and hit the 200 million mark lifetime :P

Cool ... congrats for the Wii ... now lets see some batter 3rd party support , and I may even buy one :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

totalwar23 said:
Nope, the fad is over and Wii will be selling 10 units a week for the rest of its lifetime. Meanwhile...PS3 sales will explode to 500,000 a week and hit the 200 million mark lifetime :P

Thanx. That's what I've been trying to tell people for some time now, but noone listens.

routsounmanman said:
totalwar23 said:

Thanx. That's what I've been trying to tell people for some time now, but noone listens.

They have lost faith in you and your future

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)