By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gravity Rush scandal review creates a bigger shitstorm than Zelda

Why do you think Gravity Rush is good?

Coz its from Sony Japan Studios 47 29.19%

Coz it looks really good 89 55.28%

Coz it has great reviews on Meta 22 13.66%

Total:158
Turkish said:
DepthAlly said:
Turkish said:

You know exactly what I mean, telling people "thats so Turkish", and telling me "didnt expect much better from you" sounds like you were upset and disappointed with my comments for some time.

No I quite honestly couldn't understand what you wrote. The grammar was funny.

I was neither upset and disappointed with your comments, especially not disappointed. Why would I be disappointed? Anyways, what I meant by "not worth acknowledging" was that you seemed to be what many on here refer to you as: a "troll" in favour of Sony. So by nature, that's not worth acknowledging and it didn't bother me because it seemed pretty obvious that you were doing it on purpose. But the one thing that did bother me a bit was your basis for calling the GR review a scandal, as you already know.

I only said "that's Turkish" and "didn't expect much better from you" because of what I just said about you in the previous paragraph.

No, you made these comments because you saw my comments everywhere, and that they were not worth acknowledging. Thats why you said "thats Turkish" and "didnt expect much better from you". You just don't say "thats so him" after I ignored only 1 comment of yours wich I overlooked.

And no, nobody refers to me as a troll, calling someone else a troll is flaming. Don't jump into that bandwagon.

Yes, I did say "that's Turkish" and "didnt expect much better from you" because I've seen your posts everywhere. Never did I deny that or say otherwise.

I'm not even going to bother with your last statement.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Runa216 said:
first of all, people need to stop harping on people for giving Skyrim great reviews, it's getting really old. LOTS of people don't have issues with the game's glitches, and they're not nearly as common as people want you to think. I, for instance, spent 105 hours on my first skyrim run-through and only encountered one glitch. ONE. 105 hours of gameplay compared to 1 glitch is NOTHING. a reviewer can only go on their own experiences, and not EVERYONE had massive issues with it. I had more glitches (both visual and gameplay-wise) in Uncharted 3 than I did with Skyrim. Seriously, stop with the "skyrim was a buggy mess and deserved shit scores" attitude becuase it's not nearly as bad as you claim it to be.

Man, I miss the days of early Feb, where you guys were bitching about my 5.4 on Final Fantasy XIII-2. it's always fun to argue with people over that shit. you guys are fun.

Skyrim is a pretty mediocre game, the combat sucks, Dark Souls combat is 1000x better than Skyrims combat gameplay. I have the platinum trophy in Skyrim thanks to my brother, because the game was unplayable after my savefile went over 15MB. Bethesdas games are known for their glitches and bugs.

Uncharted 3 had glitches? What kinda glitches did you encounter? Those visuals are all real time bro, they look that good. I was amazed myself at first too. That desert level is the most beautiful level ever created.

Skyrim is not a 'pretty mediocre' game.  Skyrim is an expansive, all-encompassing game that has an above average story and enough content to fill 10 games.  The combat didn't suck, it was simple.  it's an RPG, not an action game, it didn't need to have complicated button presses for combos or dodging, it had attack, defend, magic, etc.  That's jsut how it goes.  I agree that Dark Souls's gameplay was better, but that doesn't mean that skyrims sucked.  

And  yes, they have bugs, but not so much more proportionally to how big the games are...the games are so big that there are more glitches, sure, but the ratio is about the same.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
they simple want money from the publisher or some shit cause their reviews are lame and garbage.

zelda, gravity rush and many other games got trolled by them ...

did you guys watch this :

http://www.gamespot.com/features/when-did-regenerating-health-become-realistic-6380781/ ( this guy is by far the worst moron they have in the crew ...)

then the dev defend the game here :
http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6381457/a-matter-of-authenticity

So, I read this post, and then try to see what exactly the EA developers had said before the interview to confirm if the guy at Gamespot was a moron or not, because what I read from the original article was a beef about the pitch for realism.  I then saw I had to spend like 20 minutes, adding to about 5+ minutes of googling for information regarding the game itself, to see what was said.  I then realize I have no interest in Warfighter and it isn't even on my radar to get, and i could care less about the guy at Gamespot, or even what Gamespot says.  This, combined with looking at a thread about ratings going on like 13 pages about a game I don't care about, complaining that a game liked didn't get a high rating, has me wondering WTF am I spending my time on.

Sorry, I have spent too much time on Warfighter now, so pardon me for not caring to look up the minutia to be right about something I don't care about, and if it disappeared (Warfighter) my life wouldn't be changed in the least.  As for ratings, I am seeing why you can't do professional journalism with videogames, because the pay is too little, and too many people complain.  The entire business is a promotion racket, where you had bad score inflation.  It is entirely useless at this point.  

Anyhow, carry on.  Warfighter is a 10/10 and the guy at Gamespot is both an moron and a genius.  Pick whatever view you want me to say, and consider that to be mine here.

Oh well.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

DepthAlly said:
Turkish said:
DepthAlly said:
Turkish said:

You know exactly what I mean, telling people "thats so Turkish", and telling me "didnt expect much better from you" sounds like you were upset and disappointed with my comments for some time.

I was neither upset and disappointed with your comments, especially not disappointed. Why would I be disappointed? Anyways, what I meant by "not worth acknowledging" was that you seemed to be what many on here refer to you as: a "troll" in favour of Sony. So by nature, that's not worth acknowledging and it didn't bother me because it seemed pretty obvious that you were doing it on purpose. But the one thing that did bother me a bit was your basis for calling the GR review a scandal, as you already know.

I only said "that's Turkish" and "didn't expect much better from you" because of what I just said about you in the previous paragraph.

No, you made these comments because you saw my comments everywhere, and that they were not worth acknowledging. Thats why you said "thats Turkish" and "didnt expect much better from you". You just don't say "thats so him" after I ignored only 1 comment of yours wich I overlooked.

And no, nobody refers to me as a troll, calling someone else a troll is flaming. Don't jump into that bandwagon.

Yes, I did say "that's Turkish" and "didnt expect much better from you" because I've seen your posts everywhere. Never did I deny that or say otherwise.

"I only said "that's Turkish" and "didn't expect much better from you" because of what I just said about you in the previous paragraph."

Says otherwise.

Don't bother, its too difficult to express yourself sometimes.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
DepthAlly said:
Turkish said:
DepthAlly said:
Turkish said:

"I only said "that's Turkish" and "didn't expect much better from you" because of what I just said about you in the previous paragraph."

Says otherwise.

My "previous paragraph" was saying that your posts (those same ones that I read everywhere) are the ones not worth acknowledging and they are the very same posts that I was referring to when I said "that's Turkish" etc. that's why I said "because of what I said about you in the previous paragraph".

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

DepthAlly said:
Turkish said:
DepthAlly said:
Turkish said:
DepthAlly said:
Turkish said:

Says otherwise.

My "previous paragraph" was saying that your posts (those same ones that I read everywhere) are the ones not worth acknowledging and they are the very same posts that I was referring to when I said "that's Turkish" etc. that's why I said "because of what I said about you in the previous paragraph".

I just don't understand why you think that some people refer to me as a ps3 troll. Ive never heard such a thing, maybe you can direct me to specific examples of me being called a ps3 troll? it would also help me report them. Me loving the PS3 is not trolling, me hating on other systems would be trolling.

Turkish said:
DepthAlly said:

I just don't understand why you think that some people refer to me as a ps3 troll. Ive never heard such a thing, maybe you can direct me to specific examples of me being called a ps3 troll? it would also help me report them. Me loving the PS3 is not trolling, me hating on other systems would be trolling.

Trolling is when you post inflamatory comments against something, to get people to go into a feud over it.  When you post excessively positive for something, you fit into the console partisan/fanboy category and what you are doing is shilling.  Shilling can be just as annoying and biased as trolling, but it is a different animal.  So, if you have been posting excessive positive comments connecting to PS3 support, that are biased, you may be guilty of shilling.

ZaneWane said:
axumblade said:
BasilZero said:
They give below average scores to some good games such as Star Ocean and Persona for the PSP.

Perhaps they need gamers that actually like Japanese games on their staff then....

same could be said for famitsu needing gamers that actually like western games on their staff 

Aye. Was Famitsu's scores taken into account for the prestigious metacritic and gamesranking, the latter which decides if Bungie gets its bonus? And how about the proportion of western and eastern reviewers on these sites?

Regardless, I am one of the new-generation nationalistic gamer who is incompetent of making his own opinions on games, so scores determine and justify my purchase.

Do not allow yourself to be blinded by fear and anger. Everything is only as it is.

Turkish said:
naruball said:
Carolyn, the reviewer, is one the worst reviewers I've seen. She reviews most of the games that I like and gives them horrible scores. I've stopped paying attention to her reviews. She seems like one of those bitter critics who hates anything (apart from blockbusters like Assassin's Creed).

Just wondering though. All of you who are talking about the grading scale and saying that a 6,5 is fine for Gravity Rush, have you actually played the game? Cuz if you haven't, I guess I could say the same about Halo, Gears, Mario Kart etc.

Is she a she? I heard she's transgender or something

yep, HE is. there is nothing female about him.