By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gravity Rush scandal review creates a bigger shitstorm than Zelda

Why do you think Gravity Rush is good?

Coz its from Sony Japan Studios 47 29.19%

Coz it looks really good 89 55.28%

Coz it has great reviews on Meta 22 13.66%

Total:158
babuks said:
Why every thread is full of personal attacks? Turkish is a Sony fan and he is expressing his unhappiness against the low review score given by Gamespot. We see such topics from other users every now and then whenever a favourite game is given low score. If you are of different opinion, express that and don't attack personally.

@OP,
Since the game is sitting on 84% on Metacritic, I don't mind one or two low scores.

By the way, Is Gamespot owned by Microsoft? Not sure, but I think I have heard about it somewhere. Can someone please clarify?

Gametrailers is owned by Microsoft http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22325209/#.T94hzpizkrU

They were infamous with their graphic comparisons a few years back. Most notably that race game, where they used footage of PS3 for both PS3 and 360, but used less spectacular crashes for PS3 scenes. They were caught red handed and deleted the video, I think its stil somewhere on youtube tough.

Around the Network

Guys... a 6 ain't so bad...

4 ≈ One

It's just one person's score. :P Fanboys are ever so touchy.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

"Below is an example of how to break down the meaning behind a 10 point rating system.

The game "X Racing" is a racing game for all platforms.

Possible review scores for "X Racing":

10/10: Get this game even if you don't like racing games. It's one of the best games of the year, not just in the racing genre.

9/10: If you've ever enjoyed a racing game you'll like this.

8/10: A great racer, racing fans of most kinds will have fun.

7/10: Fun racer with a few flaws. If you're not a racing fan this won't change your mind.

6/10: An above average racing game with some flaws worth checking out.

5/10: Moderate to hardcore racing fans will find enjoyment, casual racing fans may want to rent first.

4/10: Only the most hardcore racing fans will want to try it, casual racing fans shouldn't bother.

3/10: Lots of flaws, don't bother unless you're really dying for another racing game.

2/10: So flawed that even the most hardcore racing fan won't be able to find any enjoyment.

1/10: Unplayable garbage.

When you look at the full spectrum of a 10 point system it's clear to me that a 6.5/10 is not a bad score."

I really don't understand why you are upset about an example I gave of a perfect 10 or stating my opinion that a 6.5 is not a bad score.

I really wish more people would understand this rating system. 5 is an average game. It should actually be what most games score. Most rating systems are terribly over inflated. This is why people always find magazines like Edge "over critical" because they work on 5 being a normal perfectly functional game, but unspectacular.

Man I remember Official UK Dreamcast Magazine worked on this score system and I would sometimes find games they'd rated 4/10 perfectly enjoyable, but would also agree with the score they'd given it.

Personally from the 4-5 hours I've spent on Gravity Rush at the moment I'm finding about 7/10 is about right for it but it's each to their own and tbh, my 7/10 is probably beter than most people's 10/10s.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Survey Option:

Because I tried the demo, and then I got and played the game... and I haven't gotten to end game yet which is where the game bothered most reviewers :)

Around the Network

I just finished Chapter 14 last night and I think the game is a solid 8/10. It's still the game to play for the Vita but it definitely has some issues with presentation and execution. It gets by on a pretty unique premise, a really charming story and characters, and some beautiful graphics (as far as art style is concerned).

This was the game that I had my eye on since before the Vita launched. I got my Vita the day it officially released but, before launch, I always said "I'll get my Vita when Gravity Rush releases." I've had crazy expectations for this title and, to be honest, it doesn't live up to them. It's pretty repetitive and sometimes the gameplay is stiff and the camera goes fucking retarded from time to time. It's a good game to buy if you already have the console but it's not the masterpiece that you and I wanted it to be. We have to be real, here.

Gravity Rush is the foundation for something great but, from what I've played so far, it is missing something. I haven't even read that review (or any review on this game) yet but I suspect it has some valid points. Just because the Vita needs a savior doesn't mean that we can just assign it a "must have" game. I'd say that this game to the Vita is what Heavenly Sword was to the PS3--a beautiful yet sort of shallow title worth checking out.

Okay I got right into the game this weekend. Developed my character's stats and completed the story mode. I stand corrected. This is firm 8/10 stuff. I stand firmly corrected. Once I started exploring the rifts and unlocked the full potential of the character etc the game just became a much more cohesive and enjoyable experience. Definitely up there for GOTY for me.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.