By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gravity Rush scandal review creates a bigger shitstorm than Zelda

Why do you think Gravity Rush is good?

Coz its from Sony Japan Studios 47 29.19%

Coz it looks really good 89 55.28%

Coz it has great reviews on Meta 22 13.66%

Total:158

on GameSpot

They just gave Gravity Rush a 6.5 and the review already has 600 comments lol.

When they gave Zelda a 7.5 every Nintendo fan felt like GameSpot insulted them personally. That scandal Zelda Skyward Sword review has only 160 comments.

I guess gamespot doesnt like new fresh original games? What do you guys think, has Gamespot lost touch with reality or are they trying to be harsh like Edge? But even they gave it a 8/10.

Around the Network

Not surprised.

Internet hype from fans who just want so badly for the game to be a success are livid... besides gaming journalism is a joke.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

If the game is imperfect a 6.5 is an above average score. The only reason people get upset about 6s and 7s is they think a 10 point scale is like a grade school A,B,C,D,F. It's not. 5 would be a mediocre game, 6 would be better than average, 7 would be good, 8 would be great, 9 would be stellar, 10 would be an extremely rare perfect game with no flaws. Everything below 5 would be different shades of suck, but anything above 5 would be worth playing depending on a persons tastes.

Zelda SS is a 7 in my opinion. Gravity Rush is probably a legitimate 6. People need to stop getting all worked about about meta scores and .5s. And most of all the vast majority of gaming review websites need to use their entire 10 point grading system instead of just the top and bottom three numbers. It drives me crazy that truly shit games get 1-3 and mediocre to amazing games get 7-9 when the majority of games are really 4-6. There are so few perfect 10s that it should be shocking when a game scores it. The only game I've played in the last decade that I'd consider a 10 would be Portal 2 and that's because I prefer shorter games that can be enjoyed in small sessions.

I highly doubt Gravity Rush is the as good as Portal 2, but it also looks better than your average bargain bin game so 6.5 seems about right to me.

I doubt theres really any bias behind it, they tend to give some pretty low review scores sometimes

I got my copy and I enjoy it. That's all that I care about. Same as with Skyward Sword.

Around the Network

Well, the big three internet sites gave it similar scores, so it's not a shitstorm like zelda, which got lots of 100s, some by some pretty famous reviewers, like IGN, Edge and Game Informer.

Nintendo fans know to avoid GameTrailers, i would say.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Well Vita is dying day after day and gaming journalism being the joke it is looks like they want to dig even more the Vita grave.

axumblade said:
BasilZero said:
They give below average scores to some good games such as Star Ocean and Persona for the PSP.

Perhaps they need gamers that actually like Japanese games on their staff then....

same could be said for famitsu needing gamers that actually like western games on their staff 

axumblade said:
ZaneWane said:
axumblade said:
BasilZero said:
They give below average scores to some good games such as Star Ocean and Persona for the PSP.

Perhaps they need gamers that actually like Japanese games on their staff then....

same could be said for famitsu needing gamers that actually like western games on their staff 

I wouldn't mind actually. To be honest, the grading scale for a lot of games is really terrible and it normally doesn't take in to account for personal taste.

How does one rate personal taste if everyone is different?

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw