By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your worst RPG experience? Please no trolling.

Tagged games:

Oromashu said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Oromashu said:
Unlimited Saga, my worst RPG that I can recall. It's been so long since I played it that I long forgot why I hate it so much.

Im 100% with you on this one.  There might have been worse RPGS I have played, but I actually beat this one.  Made myself do it since I bought it (and was completely broke at the time).  Still shouldnt have played it.

Thanks for the bad memories..

That is the most amazing thing ever. I think I played it an hour at best, and I was probably ten at the time when I played it. Sorry for bringing up such bad memories, I think now I'm going to search for videos on youtube to rekindle my lost hatred of Unlimited Saga.

Unlimited SaGa was a HUGE letdown for me. Being a big fan of SaGa Frontier and SaGa Frontier 2 I went out and got Unlimited SaGa Day ONE.

I wish I hadn't... I don't think I made it past an hour or so myself before I shelved it and never touched it again.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

The Granstream Saga - Clunky combat system and ugly even for its time.

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - Impossibly terrible. And it killed the franchise.

Oblivion - Fuck you Bethesda.

Final Fantasy XIII - Nothing about it says Final Fantasy imo.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:
The Granstream Saga - Clunky combat system and ugly even for its time.

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - Impossibly terrible. And it killed the franchise.

Oblivion - Fuck you Bethesda.

Final Fantasy XIII - Nothing about it says Final Fantasy imo.

Fallout 3 and Skyrim made up for that game IMHO.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Life.

Graphics are top-notch, but the developer should have made the AI less violent.

Definitely agree. Plus, the money system is just a cluster fuck of mindless rules and the Old White Man class needs to be nerfed. This game needs a patch soon.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

I've had a couple of them:

Final Fantasy XIII - Wanted to atleast try it despite the hatred. Played til I reached Lake somethingsomething and gave up.

Unlimited Saga - One of the worst games I've ever tried. Atleast the box looked nice...

Lord of the Rings (SNES) - Horrible game and an insult to the books. AVGN material.

Tales of Symphonia 2 - I wanted to like this game. I really did. But instead of being awsome like the first game, it was an abomination.

Around the Network

Everyone who put FF13 has not had diverse RPG experiences

Quest 64 will make people flock to FF13.....people who put any FF here have not played this game

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

forest-spirit said:

I've had a couple of them:

Final Fantasy XIII - Wanted to atleast try it despite the hatred. Played til I reached Lake somethingsomething and gave up.

Unlimited Saga - One of the worst games I've ever tried. Atleast the box looked nice...

Lord of the Rings (SNES) - Horrible game and an insult to the books. AVGN material.

Tales of Symphonia 2 - I wanted to like this game. I really did. But instead of being awsome like the first game, it was an abomination.

You don't know how hard I tried to love that game, but I agree it was a bad game. I played through it at least 3 times. I thought the fighting was ok. The dungeons were all copy and paste the same three screens over and over again that it was really easy to get lost. I had to draw my own maps to get through them. And the game ended at Galadriel's pool, which was kind of a strange place to end. I guess it didn't sell very well, since they never made a sequel.

Final Fantasy XIII, just so many things wrong with this title, then FFX for many of the same reasons.

I've played other BAD RPGs I knew they were bad but my experiences with them were actually not that negative, played, beat, and then forgotten. Guess the best example of this was DBZ Attack of the Sayians, a very basic RPG, even kills off a lot of your party you worked hard on building up, but I liked the battle mechanics and the areas were drawn really well, it just felt like half the RPG it should have been but even then I can remember more things I enjoyed about it... a very low budget DS RPG than FFX or XIII.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I'm also unable to enjoy WRPGs. I've tried them few times, but nothing. I tried Oblivion and I was bored to death from the beginning, gave up after a few hours. I tried DA:O and I was really trying to like it, I think I put about 12h before I though enough is enough. I guess they're just not for me.

From the RPGs I've actually finished, FFX-2 is probably the worst. Yeah, I haven't played that many RPGs.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles - Gamecube

Really dissappointing

3DS friendcode: 2836 - 0151 - 1371