By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your worst RPG experience? Please no trolling.

Tagged games:

That I can recall at the moment, either Shining Soul or Lunar: Dragon Song. Goodness to hell those games were bad. I would also include Mass Effect 2 considering everyone calls it an "RPG", but I don't so I won't actually say it's one of the worst I've played.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

Around the Network

I've only really played some of the bigger-name RPG's, so my experience is a bit limited.

That said, my least enjoyable experience with an RPG was FF X. Not because it was a bad game, more because I was unbelievably hyped for it and it ended up being crushingly disappointing.

They pretty much took everything I loved about VII - IX and threw it out of the window. The only compliment I could give it is about the battle system - the linearity, horrible characters, poor customisation and patchy voice acting just completely ruined the experience for me.

I also really didn't enjoy Star Ocean 3.

Fallout 3.
Big hype. Great reviews.

BORING AS HELL for me. I have no idea how people can enjoy such a game.

Ghutto said:
FFXIII and FFXIII-2.

Care to explain or are you just repeating what you hear on teh internetz?

Internet? My Xbox360 and more than 10 hours in each game speak for me. Sorry if your loved games are pieces of... something.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
I've only really played some of the bigger-name RPG's, so my experience is a bit limited.

That said, my least enjoyable experience with an RPG was FF X. Not because it was a bad game, more because I was unbelievably hyped for it and it ended up being crushingly disappointing.

They pretty much took everything I loved about VII - IX and threw it out of the window. The only compliment I could give it is about the battle system - the linearity, horrible characters, poor customisation and patchy voice acting just completely ruined the experience for me.

Dont forget that FFX had one of the worst endings ever in a video game (compared to games that actually HAVE A ENDING).   

I was so angry after I beat it, I broke the CD in half and cut the shit out of myself in the process :)

WRpgs are sooo boring
i played Oblivion for a couple of hours, and i just stopped, i could stand it...

Ssenkahdavic said:
Kresnik said:

Dont forget that FFX had one of the worst endings ever in a video game (compared to games that actually HAVE A ENDING).   

I was so angry after I beat it, I broke the CD in half and cut the shit out of myself in the process :)

You know, I've never really met anyone who disliked FF X as much I have.  Most people consider it the last great Final Fantasy, occassionally I meet people who think it was 'above average but not great'.  Glad to see I wasn't alone on this.

I also notice you have Wild ARMs 3 and Summoner 2 in your favourites collection.  What excellent taste you have in games!

Mty worst rpg experience is probably M&L 2, the shroobs sucked, the final boss sucked and that i had to deal with them. I have never seen a worse villian rase other than the shroobs and their personalities where lacking. I also loathed the enviroments and aswell the babies.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Mty worst rpg experience is probably M&L 2, the shroobs sucked, the final boss sucked and that i had to deal with them. I have never seen a worse villian rase other than the shroobs and their personalities where lacking. I also loathed the enviroments and aswell the babies.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David