By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your worst RPG experience? Please no trolling.

Tagged games:

Ssenkahdavic said:
Kresnik said:
I've only really played some of the bigger-name RPG's, so my experience is a bit limited.

That said, my least enjoyable experience with an RPG was FF X. Not because it was a bad game, more because I was unbelievably hyped for it and it ended up being crushingly disappointing.

They pretty much took everything I loved about VII - IX and threw it out of the window. The only compliment I could give it is about the battle system - the linearity, horrible characters, poor customisation and patchy voice acting just completely ruined the experience for me.

I also really didn't enjoy Star Ocean 3.

Dont forget that FFX had one of the worst endings ever in a video game (compared to games that actually HAVE A ENDING).   

I was so angry after I beat it, I broke the CD in half and cut the shit out of myself in the process :)

I wish I could remember what the ending to that was. It was really random and made no sense if I recall. Well, if we're going by horrible FF game endings, it's 2nd for bad endings. FF8 was the worst ending imo, and FF13 would be 3rd.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

Around the Network
AlphaCielago said:
Mty worst rpg experience is probably M&L 2, the shroobs sucked, the final boss sucked and that i had to deal with them. I have never seen a worse villian rase other than the shroobs and their personalities where lacking. I also loathed the enviroments and aswell the babies.

Agreed.  The first and third were pretty good, though.

Final Fantasy 1 and X-2

Aidyn Chronicles. Just awful.

Fanatismo não leva a nada, apenas a colecionar antipatias.

Collection: Telejogo Ford-Philco, Dactar, TV Game 2600, Master System (2x), Master System Portable, NES, Dynavision 3, Mega Drive 3 (2x - Tectoy and Show Do Milhao Edition), Genesis 3, Genesis Arcade Motion, MD Play, SNES (2x), Super Famicom, Neo Geo CD, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, Nintendo 64 (2x), Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube, Xbox, Zeebo, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 (Kinect Bundle), Wii (2x - White and Red), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Around 800 games. Preferred Generation: 16 bits. 

Pretty much any Western RPG. I feel they are SOOO hyped and everyone is "omg these games are f@cking awesome!" and then I play them...and they are boring and unimaginative. I feel like i'm playing a single player mmo, where the "main" character has no real personality and most of the games "content" is just a bunch of side quests that are irrelevant to the story. Not saying they are bad games, they just aren't for me. I definitely prefer Jrpgs.

But for sake of specificity, my friends convinced me to buy Skyrim instead of Dark Souls..lol, havn't talked to them since.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Kresnik said:
I've only really played some of the bigger-name RPG's, so my experience is a bit limited.

That said, my least enjoyable experience with an RPG was FF X. Not because it was a bad game, more because I was unbelievably hyped for it and it ended up being crushingly disappointing.

They pretty much took everything I loved about VII - IX and threw it out of the window. The only compliment I could give it is about the battle system - the linearity, horrible characters, poor customisation and patchy voice acting just completely ruined the experience for me.

I also really didn't enjoy Star Ocean 3.

Dont forget that FFX had one of the worst endings ever in a video game (compared to games that actually HAVE A ENDING).   

I was so angry after I beat it, I broke the CD in half and cut the shit out of myself in the process :)

You know, I've never really met anyone who disliked FF X as much I have.  Most people consider it the last great Final Fantasy, occassionally I meet people who think it was 'above average but not great'.  Glad to see I wasn't alone on this.

I also notice you have Wild ARMs 3 and Summoner 2 in your favourites collection.  What excellent taste you have in games!

Blizzball was the best part of FFX, but dont get me wrong I didnt hate the game.  The game was playable enough and at least it wasnt Unlimited Saga.

ff xiii was lame in my opinion, and well my issue with a lot of modern rpg is when you don't have voice acting for dialogues.... this is unacceptable especially when you have a ton of npc that talk for pages

I add another vote for Unlimited Saga.

More recently FFXIII, got to 2nd Barthandalus fight and couldn't stomach it any more.

FF8 is not only the worst RPG I ever played, it is strongly in the running for the worst game of all time.

Operation Darkness

http://www.atlus.com/operationdarkness/home.html