By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Space needs “around five million” fans to survive

X360とWiiUとPS3の中で、たりるファンがあると思います。 けど、PS3と360の中で、たりるファンがないかもしれません。

選び方はかんたんです。

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Persistantthug said:

EA is full of sh17.

Dead Space 3 is the 4rth game in the series, where obvioulsly they are using the same Engine and art assets. 

It sounds like EA is trying to recoup losses for other projects.......Much the same way where EA charged $50 for NBA JAM when they decided to cancel NBA LIVE/ELITE when it wasn't up to snuff.  Needless to say NBA JAM tanked, when really, it should have just been a $20 downloadable game.....$30 if you want to try and push it.

There's no way that it should cost over $120million to make DEAD SPACE 3.

Like I said,

EA is full of Sh17 here.

While making the game probably wouldn't cost much more than $30m, advertising budgets could easilly go north of $60m if they wanted to. They spent ~$100m on BF3 marketing.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I enjoyed Dead Space 2. Never played the first one, but I picked up the story easy enough. Shame that the franchise is dropping, but then again, a trilogy sounds much better. I hope EA decides to pick up a new interesting IP to replace. Maybe something with a little more horror.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

Great series. Sad to see it go because it does'nt sell a insane amount.

It's just that simple.

Well I hope 3 will be fun.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

The Dead Space 3 Developer said they want to reach a broader audience with Dead Space 3 without losing the original fans.

http://www.eurogamer.de/videos/dead-space-3-gameplay-video

Don't get the hate, I thought Dead Space 3 have a single player campaign like the first one and 2 and will have a co op campaign with different gameplay...What happened?

Lostplanet22 said:
Don't get the hate, I thought Dead Space 3 have a single player campaign like the first one and 2 and will have a co op campaign with different gameplay...What happened?

If they explicitly say that they want to make Dead Space for a broader audience that usually means changes to the single player campaign as well, not just innocent additions of co-op and multiplayer.

And from the E3 demo we could see how actiony it has become. The most bothering thing for me was that ammo conservation was gone.

Dead Space 1 was praised for being more Resident Evil than RE itself (compared to RE5) and Dead Space got insane amounts of respect from gamers and now it seems it's not survival horror anymore. Dead Space 1 was a crazy good survival horror game.

Slimebeast said:
Lostplanet22 said:

If they explicitly say that they want to make Dead Space for a broader audience that usually means changes to the single player campaign as well, not just innocent additions of co-op and multiplayer.

And from the E3 demo we could see how actiony it has become. The most bothering thing for me was that ammo conservation was gone.

Dead Space 1 was praised for being more Resident Evil than RE itself (compared to RE5) and Dead Space got insane amounts of respect from gamers and now it seems it's not survival horror anymore. Dead Space 1 was a crazy good survival horror game.

But that is exactly the same complaint about Dead Space 2 when it was announced it will have an mulititplayer..  
'Why does all great single player games have a multiplayer I bet Dead space 2 will be so short and suck because they spent all their time for the multiplayer'..

And now people are defending that game?   

Lostplanet22 said:
Slimebeast said:
Lostplanet22 said:

But that is exactly the same complaint about Dead Space 2 when it was announced it will have an mulititplayer..  
'Why does all great single player games have a multiplayer I bet Dead space 2 will be so short and suck because they spent all their time for the multiplayer'..

And now people are defending that game?   

Well, I own a copy but haven't played Dead Space 2 yet. *crosses fingers for claustrophobia and ammo conservation*

But either way the inclusion of multiplayer was a sign of (bad) things to come.