By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation Plus Prompts Me to Rethink My Xbox Live Subscription

What do you choose?

Xbox Live 78 26.44%

PlayStation Plus 190 64.41%

Nintendoland seems pretty cool 27 9.15%

Total:295
Turkish said:
richardhutnik said:

Do you even have an XBox 360?  Your game collection doesn't show any that I know of, so I would assume the answer is no. As someone who doesn't have Playstation Plus, I guess I was presuming it was better than I thought it was, in regards to demos.

Meh, about wich demos are you talking about that should be available on PSN(ie multiplats)?

Demos of minis for one.  Seldom is PSN only downloads have demos with them.  Now, you get demos of major releases on there, sometime.  But, it isn't the same level.  About everything on XBox Live gets a demo for it.

Around the Network

The main reason I choose PS+ is because I have no plans to

A: Let it run out
B: Buy plus for the listed £40 pricetag, I buy it during Christmas where they normally have a deal going on

So, for the price of one game, I get a plethora of games...I can TOTALLY live with that.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I think this is how you ultimately justify Xbox Live and PS+

Xbox Live offers a wider selection of games.

Ps+ offers "free" games.

I think thats fair.

Yay!!!

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Turkish said:
brendude13 said:
Barozi said:
BasilZero said:
A question.

What if you download these games while having PSN+ and stop having PSN+ a few months later? Would you still be able to play them or would you need PSN+ to play them...?

No.

Specific content and the odd game remain accessible once your subscription runs out, although it's not often. LittleBigPlanet remained free for me.

As for dropping XBL Gold, I'm considering it as I don't play online any more. I still wouldn't buy PS Plus though, I want control over what I'm buying. I might sell my Xbox entirely though, after buying a gaming PC I can't justify keeping it.

Somehow, I really doubt Turkish has an XBL account.

Doubt no further, go look for TurkishEmperor2, thats my gamertag, I have even more points and games on it than you do lol. Dont send any messages becoz I cannot access it, my 360 got RROD.

NOO!!!!

RIP Xbox 360

The worst part of the whole thing was that the stupid machine didn't even show me 3 red lights, it was 2 red lights but according to the manual it just means your xbox has to cool down. After I stripped it naked of its outer shell I saw the 3 leds blinking. I can sleep comfortably at night knowing it died of RROD. Because the 2 red rings of fire was so confusing, no solution on the internet, no error screen from my xbox, I just did not know what happened.

I stopped paying subscription fees two years ago. I have no interest in free games (odd, I know, but I like to support my devs and my PS+ won't last forever), but I also have no interest in paying for something that should be free. PSN is free, Wii is free, Steam is free, no reason I should pay for XBLA when it doesn't offer me anything I Want that I can't get free of charge elsewhere.

I don't use online stuff often anyway, so eff that.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
-zip-

NOO!!!!

RIP Xbox 360

The worst part of the whole thing was that the stupid machine didn't even show me 3 red lights, it was 2 red lights but according to the manual it just means your xbox has to cool down. After I stripped it naked of its outer shell I saw the 3 leds blinking. I can sleep comfortably at night knowing it died of RROD. Because the 2 red rings of fire was so confusing, no solution on the internet, no error screen from my xbox, I just did not know what happened.

Dude that why I bought a ps3 and waited for a 360 slim. Sorry to hear that mate. 

Yay!!!

pezus said:
Millenium said:
pezus said:
ZaneWane said:
free and renting are two completely different things

Still here? I thought you had been banned left

Mature attitude...

Me or him? This is not based on this particular post. Surely you have noticed his style? And that was not a one-liner. Two-liner more like

Both. I know he has a particular way of making one-line flamebait posts only to never respond in a thread further, but redoing the favour isn't going to make things better. Just do what I do, report him, and leave him be, if enough people report him, the mods will take notice, and he won't be around for long

Epic signature btw!

Turkish said:
ZaneWane said:

You get ps+, you play it all you want for a year. Most people don't even play their games after a week. So itsnt anything like renting.

until subscription runs out

pezus said:
ZaneWane said:

Still here? I thought you had been banned left

banned for what exactly

games you only can play as long as you pay for a subscription aren't free games for us, just saying... it's like i would pay for one month lovefilm subscription and would say i get 8 free games worth 450 euro. and i'm talking about games i really want to play and not a bunch of games i can't decide which i get. if i would be really interested in virtua fighter as example i would have already bought or played it. if i only play it when i get the chance to play it "for free", this games can't be much worth for me.