By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW up June 9th (updated with SW)

Sony and Microsoft are probably waiting for the Will U to launch or for Nintendo to announce the price before having a price cutt. Well thats what I think.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

I'm shocked at the 360 numbers. It had looked like it was doing alright these past few weeks and now these adjustments. It's in dire need of a price cut.

kowenicki said:
hmmmm

Shipment numbers due mid July will be very, very interesting.

I expect dismal numbers for all.

Vita is on life support and will settle at 40k or less in the middle of summer... a truly awful launch period now and one of the worst ever.

This gen is all but dead (Wii is dead) for home consoles, all are in a steep decline. The next gen is needed.

You forgot to mention how the 360 is below 90k. 

Moderated - Kantor

kowenicki said:
Starhawk bombing is only surpassed by the uber bomb that is Sorcery... Sony can push MOVE all they want... its done with as a unique control device, it is only relevant as an alternative controller now..

Exactly. Sony knows that. I belive they mentioned this at their E3 conference or some interview.

kowenicki said:
Vita adjusted down quite a bit in US historically. Does anyone still actually believe its just about the games?

Uh....yes. Hasn't had a real killer app since Uncharted at launch.

This week it got Gravity Rush and Metal Gear, Persona 4 in Japan. Vita sales will see a huge boost. You'll see.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
thehusbo said:
Wow those are some poor Xbox numbers.. Ps3 and 3ds OK, but not great either. Vita still needs some killer app games and the holiday season should be kinder to it. I still don't think it needs a price cut. Bundle in a memory card and that should help.

are you having a laugh?  

The PSV needs... a bundled memory card sure... but it needs that along with some games people actually want and along with a price cut.

The price cut is essential.. I really dont understand why people cant/wont see this.

If the sales continue like this then developers will be abandoning it in droves by the end of the year.  it is doing spectaculalry badly when compared with just about everything.

You are the first to pose bad Sony news. You of all people should know why price cut isn't going to happen any time soon.

VGKing said:
kowenicki said:
Vita adjusted down quite a bit in US historically. Does anyone still actually believe its just about the games?

Uh....yes. Hasn't had a real killer app since Uncharted at launch.

This week it got Gravity Rush and Metal Gear, Persona 4 in Japan. Vita sales will see a huge boost. You'll see.

In Japan, yes, by maybe 5-10k for a week or two. But the other two games aren't big enough to boost it at all, or to even stop it from sliding in sales further. Check the pre-orders chart, you'll see neither are there, so both will launch in the US to below 30k.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

kowenicki said:

Only the most diehard Nintendo fans still believe that hardware sales hinge solely upon software release and sales. The equation is much, much more complicated than that, but then again; you and I know that.

Also, VGKing, what's up with quad-posting?

ADJUSTMENTS

3DS -225,516
PS3 -159,159
360 -224,904
WII -115,098
DS 49,437
PSP -26,348
PSV -25,490

ethomaz said:

ADJUSTMENTS

3DS -225,516
PS3 -159,159
360 -224,904
WII -115,098
DS 49,437
PSP -26,348
PSV -25,490

Dat sea of red.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.