By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony gives away PS3 or Vita with VAIO purchase

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&identifier=S_VAIO_Playstation_offer

Good idea, but I wonder how this will play here.  MANY criticized ANY 360 sales boost by crediting it to the almost identical 360 deal recently.  So now that Sony is doing it, will they criticize them as well?  Or will they come back and admit the 360 offer in the past actually had merit?  Or will the silence be deafening once again?

Sorry if this seemed to have a particular bite too it, but I'm not a fan of hypocrisy and I've seen a ton here.

Around the Network

Oh! Trying to spice up the console war I see?

Come on guys, let's push this PS3 x X360 shit beyond Genesis x SNES levels.

Don't see what the issue is. I never even knew there was a similar deal for 360.

oh lol...
btw it may not be on a grand scale but the free 360 deal is still going on..At my uni, it's buy a laptop get one for free and that has been going on since last year.

No one is trying to discredit the sales, it's a valid way to boost your other products as well. People just pointed out that it's possible that that promotion might have been the reason for a sales boost for the console. I'm sure we will see something similar here as well. You just really need to get over it :P it's been over a year now already

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

haxxiy said:

It's impossible do that online. We'll all have to meet at a playground somewhere. TALK YOUR SHIT NOW, D21LEWIS! BUYIN LOLLIPOP CHAINSAW FOR 360 WHEN YOU KNOW THAT SHIT BELONGS ON DAT PSTRIPLE.

Around the Network

Blimey days. I need a new laptop, and a free slim PS3 (to replace my aging fat model), Vita (I've been interested in one for a while, just never enough to buy one) OR $200 of accessories and games. This is a deal I think I'll be making use of!

... Oh, dollars. Le sigh!

Someones paranoid

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

It is just how market goes. Sony saw that this was a good idea from Microsoft and they decided to use it.

About the offer itself, it's a pretty good deal, even though the laptops are a little bit expensive.

Does it come with windows 7 or 8?

badgenome said:
haxxiy said:

It's impossible do that online. We'll all have to meet at a playground somewhere. TALK YOUR SHIT NOW, D21LEWIS! BUYIN LOLLIPOP CHAINSAW FOR 360 WHEN YOU KNOW THAT SHIT BELONGS ON DAT PSTRIPLE.

Am I the only one that could only read that in Tracy Morgan's voice???

"TALK YOUR SHIT NOW, D21LEWIS! BUYIN LOLLIPOP CHAINSAW FOR 360 WHEN YOU KNOW THAT SHIT BELONGS ON DAT PSTRIPLE."