By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - "YOU LIED TO US!" Why animated movies need a new plot device.

Tagged games:

I just watch mostly animes now =[

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:

Those certainly don't need new plot devices!

noname2200 said:
PullusPardus said:

Those certainly don't need new plot devices!

They desperatly do, most animes are basically the same with some weeboo jokes and moe, but I am talking about the more niche ones, its the same about movies, but most niche movies are about drug, emotional wrecked teens and disgusting stuff (ala a killer who collect penises for example)

The problem with Anime tv shows for me is that they start off very well and become too convoluted (not to be confused with complex). They go way off into left field that it's not interesting for me anymore. For example DeathNote was really cool for about 15 episodes, and then went into a direction that was totally different with how the show started.
A friend finally convinced me to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender. I have been shocked how much I have been enjoying this Nickelodeon cartoon. It's surprisingly smart and the characters are complex(not convoluted). The writing is surprisingly very good as well.

WiiBox3 said:
The problem with Anime tv shows for me is that they start off very well and become too convoluted (not to be confused with complex). They go way off into left field that it's not interesting for me anymore. For example DeathNote was really cool for about 15 episodes, and then went into a direction that was totally different with how the show started.
A friend finally convinced me to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender. I have been shocked how much I have been enjoying this Nickelodeon cartoon. It's surprisingly smart and the characters are complex(not convoluted). The writing is surprisingly very good as well.

If you haven't finished the series yet, be prepared for the agonizing withdrawal period (Usually about six months) of not having a new episode in your life. I'd suggest going straight into Young Justice.

OT: I knew animated movies were all repetitive for at least 15 years now. They're basically comedies using the Sinbad, Tim Allen, Adam Sandler movie model.

I am the Playstation Avenger.