200-500M 1 0.96%

150-200M 0 0%

100-150M 10 9.62%

50-100M 54 51.92%

30-50M 14 13.46%

15-30M 1 0.96%

< 15M (Dreamcast) 12 11.54%

Total:104

If I think about Regies's pleasant surprise for the price of the WiiU: It is also open, to whom it will be a pleasant surprise. Launching at 599 $/€ will for sure lead to parties ... at the HQs of MS and Sony.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Noel_Kreiss said:
NintendoPie said:
Noel_Kreiss said:
In my opinion, the Wii U will break records for the best selling console similar to the 3DS did for the handheld market. Although I am optimistic about Wii U sales which I believe will reach 65-70 million (350$ price point), I am scared people will use the same strategy as they did for the 3DS (Not buy Wii U, wait for price drop after 6 months). I don't know at this point :s What do you guys think?

I don't know what records you would be talking about but if you mean sales records, 65-70 Million wouldn't be enough.

Sorry, that wasnt clear, like the 3DS did, outsell the DS in the first few months of launch. 

"On November 28, 2006, Nintendo reported that it had sold over 600,000 consoles in the first eight days of launch in the Americas. Including the sales of accessories and games, Nintendo's Wii-related revenue had hit $190 million in its first week.[42]

The Wii launched in Japan on December 2, 2006. Japan initially received 400,000 Wii consoles,[43] with around an estimate of 370,000 sold in two days, with Wii Sports and Wii Play being the top two selling games.(...)

On December 12, 2006, sales data analysis firm Chart-Track and Nintendo confirmed with several press outlets in the United Kingdom that the Wii had become the fastest selling video game console in the region's recorded history, selling 105,000 consoles in its opening weekend, (...) Nintendo announced on the following day that the Wii had sold 325,000 units across Europe in its first two days of sale, making it the fastest selling console across the entire European continent.[47]"

As you can see, that would be a very hard record to break.

NintendoPie said:
Noel_Kreiss said:
NintendoPie said:
Noel_Kreiss said:
In my opinion, the Wii U will break records for the best selling console similar to the 3DS did for the handheld market. Although I am optimistic about Wii U sales which I believe will reach 65-70 million (350$ price point), I am scared people will use the same strategy as they did for the 3DS (Not buy Wii U, wait for price drop after 6 months). I don't know at this point :s What do you guys think?

I don't know what records you would be talking about but if you mean sales records, 65-70 Million wouldn't be enough.

Sorry, that wasnt clear, like the 3DS did, outsell the DS in the first few months of launch. 

"On November 28, 2006, Nintendo reported that it had sold over 600,000 consoles in the first eight days of launch in the Americas. Including the sales of accessories and games, Nintendo's Wii-related revenue had hit $190 million in its first week.[42]

The Wii launched in Japan on December 2, 2006. Japan initially received 400,000 Wii consoles,[43] with around an estimate of 370,000 sold in two days, with Wii Sports and Wii Play being the top two selling games.(...) 

On December 12, 2006, sales data analysis firm Chart-Track and Nintendo confirmed with several press outlets in the United Kingdom that the Wii had become the fastest selling video game console in the region's recorded history, selling 105,000 consoles in its opening weekend, (...) Nintendo announced on the following day that the Wii had sold 325,000 units across Europe in its first two days of sale, making it the fastest selling console across the entire European continent.[47]"

As you can see, that would be a very hard record to break.

True, it will be very interesting nevertheless to see what it comes down to. In my opinion, if the 3DS was able to top the DS with a higher price and with a lesser lineup, the possibilty of eclipsing the sales of the Wii at launch is still very plausible. Lifetime sales however, I don't think it will top the Wii. Marketing has alot to do with it as well, the Wii was fresh and new, so is the Wii U but not everyone sees it that way so its up to the marketing department to convery the message. What do you think? Can it beat it, be on par, or below? I'd like to hear your thoughst

Noel_Kreiss said:

True, it will be very interesting nevertheless to see what it comes down to. In my opinion, if the 3DS was able to top the DS with a higher price and with a lesser lineup, the possibilty of eclipsing the sales of the Wii at launch is still very plausible. Lifetime sales however, I don't think it will top the Wii. Marketing has alot to do with it as well, the Wii was fresh and new, so is the Wii U but not everyone sees it that way so its up to the marketing department to convery the message. What do you think? Can it beat it, be on par, or below? I'd like to hear your thoughst

I see the Wii U selling well LT. I think it'll get at least 80 Million.

However, the first year may be a little hard due to Nintendo's new "No Hype" Policy. (It's not really that but if you were to read the E3 discussion you would know what I mean.)

Though... we do have Mario at launch. It may be on par with the Wii due to it's great lineup.

NintendoPie said:

50 Million is horribly pathetic. Compared to Wii that is nothing to gloat over. Even if you compare those numbers to PS360, those two consoles have sold more than that.

If Wii U is going to do as good as I think it will I predict it'll sell around 80 Million Lifetime. That's depending on how Nintendo manages Wii U, though. As always.

At the moment all is possible. The WiiU could get off a good start, the competition fails and the WiiU dominates next-gen and will outsell the Wii. Or the WiiU start mediocre, the competition has some mind-blowing new features and the WiiU ends up third. For this worst-case I predict 50 million. The launch-lineup is good enough, that I think even a good competition will not get the WiiU under 50M.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Around the Network

30-50 million

Wii U will be an afterthought when the next gen consoles come out

This generation I can see it evening out. All consoles around 40-60 million, and no clear winner.

Yes will reach 70M Easy

Mnementh said:

I predict the WiiU will sell at least 50 million lifetime. It may sell 100M or even more, but at least 50 million.

That may not sound very bold (and probably isn't), but I don't have the feeling I can predict more until now, as I don't know about the price and other stuff. I'm not even know, if the WiiU will be the winner next-gen, and for a loser 50 million are much. And I say, it will sell 50 million units, even if PS4 or XBOX-next will win the next-gen.

Ridiculous fanboy prediction. Who is this moron and how does he makes such outrageous predictions.

Turkish said:

70 million by 2019(new Nintendo homeconsole)

Someone quote me so future generations will know what Turkish predicted in 2012 as I cannot guarantee not getting banned.

Hey, im surprised to see you post such a positive prediction considering your leanings! Congratulations... even if you were totally wrong