By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shhh, Sony Has 20+ Unannounced Exclusives

Well I know of 50 unannounced exclusives.
However, there will probably be 20 exclusives if they includes stuff like Resistance 3, HS 2, MS 3, Jak 4, Uncharted 2, next Ratchet and those things. What I am more interested in is whether already announced titles like Eight Days, (2 days to Vegas non exclsuive), Getaway, Africa and those things will be out this year, or their line-up for this year in general

Around the Network

I want some more jRPGs please.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
weezy said:
sony is the last company that could be holding out with secrets.

right now if SONY had anything to show they would show it ASAP.

^what he said

uhhh no not what he said....

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

interesting

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Hmm. Team CIO stuff has been mentioned before so I'm sure they're working on something and I guess they might have a few others but 20? They're better at keeping secrets that the CIA if this is true... actually, maybe that's a bad analogy.

Around the Network

who knows? like the rest said, 20 may be a little too much, more like 10 games imo. Hopefully we'll learn something new in the near future.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Hell, you don't want to reveal all your goodies at once! That's the WORST thing Sony could do. It would surely get a big bang in sales--but would die a month later.

It's better to make a big announcement like Resistance 2 & In-game XMB coming very soon every 2 weeks to a month.

The idea is to keep the hype up and get free press coverage and advertising by stringing together multiple announcements over time.

You can't let people go through a long drought with no announcements--it kills your momentum--that is what would happen if they revealed everything.

Same is true of Nintendo & MS.

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!) 

Being that Nintendo will (likely) release between 15 and 20 games for the Wii in 2008, with between 15 and 20 games for the Wii in 2009, and the fact that it will (typically) take between 12 and 24 months to develop their games who wants to bet that Nintendo has over 20 unannounced exclusive games in development?

tombi123 said:
@weezy

They have already announced enough big games this year to get most gamers excited. They already have a much more promising line up than the 360 and possibly the Wii.

If true this would be amazing! Two games from Team ICO!! Oh my God!! One question; are all these unannounced games coming out in 08?

If they have been developing for some time, then possibly some of them might be released in 08'. I think it is quite likely that a few of the 20 unannounced exclusive games will be released in 08'.

So, Sony's internal studio's and 2nd party devs have 20+ games in development?? I don't see what the big deal is. Nintendo said the same thing about the Wii not to long ago as I'm sure MS and its partners are similar. Of course the 1st and 2nd parties are diligently working on a multitude of games. That's what they are there for.

What would really be big news is if there were 20+ 3rd parties exclusives being built for the PS3 right now.