By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Riccitiello: Mass Effect 3 “single best piece of software” for Wii U

MrT-Tar said:
I've only played one Bioware game (Sonic Chronicles) and I fail to see why they are so highly regarded for their RPGs. I can honestly say that it is by far the worst RPG I have ever played. It's really annoying how Tails reminds you every fucking 2 or 3 minutes to save, irritating me every time. The Battle system was like someone trying to emulate the gameplay of Oueden/EBA, but losing all the fun involved. The story was mainly just a collection of fetch quests, and not even interesting ones at that. Being able to control the game using the d-pad would've been nice as well.

I'm all for giving developers a second chance, but I don't really want to play another Bioware game to be honest. I bought it as I loved RPGs, it got glowing reviews from ONM and n-rev (93% and 90% respectively, which is utter bullshit) and because lots of people I know talk about how fantastic Bioware and their games are. I never want to make such a mistake again.

You and Mr Khan, I swear

http://store.steampowered.com/app/32370/

Spend ten dollars, fall in love, stop doing the equivalent of judging Nintendo by Other M

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
WiiBox3 said:

Agreed. You won't get the nastalgia of porting in your info from the last two games, but even then ME3 is a great game. The story is very good and though a lot of things will be lost in translation, you will probably enjoy it. The gameplay is the best in the series, the action is great. Also if you haven't played the first two games, the likelyhood that the ending will disapoint you will be slim. AKA the ending is better than what you get in most games, but wasn't as customisesd as some would have liked after playing three games.

In other words, If I were you, get it.

You made me want to buy the game. Sold!

The game I really want is the one in your sig. I wonder how many years until that becomes a reality. Or if the art direction will totally change.....

WiiBox3 said:

The game I really want is the one in your sig. I wonder how many years until that becomes a reality. Or if the art direction will totally change.....

I heard from a reliable source that it will come 2 years after FFVersus XIII and The Last Guardian exclusive to PS7.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
WiiBox3 said:

I heard from a reliable source that it will come 2 years after FFVersus XIII and The Last Guardian exclusive to PS7.

Sounds likely. Will that be before or after Nintendo localises and publishes Mother on Windows Phone in North America?

WiiBox3 said:

Sounds likely. Will that be before or after Nintendo localises and publishes Mother on Windows Phone in North America?

Before. After that they will go fourth party.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Ugh, no it isn't. PS3 owners didn't really get such a raw deal because the major choices in Mass Effect were few and easily conveyed through the interactive comic. I don't know how they could possibly catch Wii U owners up on all the craziness in Mass Effect 2, and being that this is EA and a Nintendo console, I doubt they'll even try. Worst version confirmed.

Mass Effect 2 is one of my favourite games in this generation, but from a story perspective, almost nothing actually happened.

You find some people, and then some people may or may not die,   all while you're facing an enemy that has never appeared before and never appears again. The choices in Mass Effect 3 are by far the most important in the series, though of course none of them actually contribute to the ending.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

Mass Effect 2 is one of my favourite games in this generation, but from a story perspective, almost nothing actually happened.

You find some people, and then some people may or may not die,   all while you're facing an enemy that has never appeared before and never appears again. The choices in Mass Effect 3 are by far the most important in the series, though of course none of them actually contribute to the ending.

Totally disagree. If you sold Legion to Cerberus, he'll turn up in ME3 as an enemy rather than a friend to be rescued. If you destroyed Maelon's genophage data, Eve dies. You have to make a choice between Samara and Morinth. And so on. True, to an extent much of it is glossed over and the lost characters are replaced with stand-ins, but a lot of your characters can die if you go into the Collector's Base unprepared or choose the wrong people for the wrong roles, and especially if Garrus or Tali wind up dead, well, that's a pretty profound difference. Even having your decisions reflected in a mostly cosmetic fashion makes it feel like your game. Sometimes the small stuff makes the biggest impact. Saving Kal'Reegar in ME2 and then chancing to hear a news report that he died fighting on Palaven really meant something to me. Probably because that Geth Prime was such a bitch to take down on Insane!

badgenome said:
Kantor said:

Totally disagree. If you sold Legion to Cerberus, he'll turn up in ME3 as an enemy rather than a friend to be rescued. If you destroyed Maelon's genophage data, Eve dies. You have to make a choice between Samara and Morinth. And so on. True, to an extent much of it is glossed over and the lost characters are replaced with stand-ins, but a lot of your characters can die if you go into the Collector's Base unprepared or choose the wrong people for the wrong roles, and especially if Garrus or Tali wind up dead, well, that's a pretty profound difference. Even having your decisions reflected in a mostly cosmetic fashion makes it feel like your game. Sometimes the small stuff makes the biggest impact. Saving Kal'Reegar in ME2 and then chancing to hear a news report that he died fighting on Palaven really meant something to me. Probably because that Geth Prime was such a bitch to take down on Insane!

Your first two are valid, and those are among the best implementations of the decisions from previous games. And it's true that it's the little things that really go towards making all of the Mass Effect games special.

However, you wouldn't really feel like you were missing anything out if you didn't know about Kal'Reegar and Legion and the rest, and even the biggest decisions don't end up having any enormous impact on how the whole game turns out.

Kantor said:

However, you wouldn't really feel like you were missing anything out if you didn't know about Kal'Reegar and Legion and the rest, and even the biggest decisions don't end up having any enormous impact on how the whole game turns out.

Well, sure. Thus all the complaints about the ending. Maybe ME3: Wii U Edition could be trimmed down to just the meaningful stuff: the game opens with Shepard standing in front of vent kid. He is offered a choice between red, blue, and green portals. He chooses. Roll end credits.

badgenome said:
Kantor said:

Well, sure. Thus all the complaints about the ending. Maybe ME3: Wii U Edition could be trimmed down to just the meaningful stuff: the game opens with Shepard standing in front of vent kid. He is offered a choice between red, blue, and green portals. He chooses. Roll end credits.

And he chooses using the touchscreen, just to show that they can implement that functionality.

(On a serious note, it could work pretty well for weapons and abilities).