By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Germany deserved.

Around the Network

It looks like a Germany vs. Spain finale again. Lets hope it will end like the last Euro

Glad Germany won, I hope we get to play Italy and Spain. It would be hard but it would be the perfect chance to make up for 2006, 2008 and 2010. But Germany has to play better to make it reality.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
RolStoppable said:
I'd like to see Spain vs. England in the final and because of kowenicki's bad attitude when it comes to football, the game shall end 5:0.

not so fast , it will be portugal vs england , 5 - 0 xD

Portugal barely passed Czech Republic, they wont see any light against Spain or France

btw. Is anyone playing 2012 online for the PS3 here?

Around the Network

Soccer, how interesting. When was the last time the English won this cup?

zimbawawa said:
Soccer, how interesting. When was the last time the English won this cup?

Never. England was always a relatively poor performer in Euro/World Cups compared to the strength their leagues have. They won once the World Cup though in 1966. And reached twice the semi finals in the Eurocup.

Eurocup winners total:

1960: Russia

1964: Spain

1968: Italy

1972: (West) Germany

1976: Czechoslovakia

1980: (West) Germany

1984: France

1988: Netherlands

1992: Denmark

1996: Germany 

2000: France

2004: Greece

2008: Spain

2012: ???

kennyrester said:
Can any of the German fans here explain what was up with Schweinsteiger tonight? Is he unfit? Tired? Apparently he had a whinge in the papers about how tiring it is being captain, is that it?

He had some problem with his ankle before this game, but that honestly doesn't explain his bad passing game... To be honest he had only one good game so far and he should maybe rest for a while. In this condition Kroos would be far more efficient.

I use this post to write my little review about the team:

Pro:

Reus - fantastic performance and my player of the match. Caused lots of trouble on the right wing
Özil - finally showed his playmaker abilities. Was everywhere on the pitch but among some great passes were also some really ugly ones.
Khedira - For whatever reason the second playmaker in the team and even made a goal ! However I still don't like seeing him in the offense. He's usually making the game extremely slow whenever he touches the ball and his shots are usually ineffective. Also made some horrible passes.
Klose - brilliant start, then disappeared for a while (didn't receive many crosses) and still made his goal. Only 5 goals more to become the best German striker of all time.
Lahm - very active on the left wing.

Con:

Schweinsteiger - as explained above
Boateng - unlucky with the penalty, let Samaras score

The rest of the team was okay.

crissindahouse said:

@Player1x3

that's all pretty funny if turkish himself wouldn't have been highly offended. but i bet turkish is the most serious, unfunny, liberal, not cool at parties, whatever more human as well and not only me.

Turkish misunderstood the post and wasn't directed at him, plus he is a Turk himself. If i was in his position i would misunderstand it too, but i doubt i would be so whiny about it as some are

Turkish said:
Player1x3 said:
crissindahouse said:

harharhar first of all you can bring the old poll results back and not stealing all our votes just because you didn't like  them verstanden?

I like how you just assume he can speak german just because hes turkish and thus must be some ghetto low-life living in west berlin and is unemployed school dropout ;D

You couldve ended your comment there, I find the 2nd part highly offensive.

and the other guys as well who were "shocked" about your post. isn't it funny what nintendopie thought about you if you read your own signature? i think that is funny.

Except im not talking about other guys, nor do i care about how they understood it. They aren't the ones stalking me in other threads and trying to give people false impressions of me. For those 2 guys that misunderstood it (one is what , 12, 13 years old?), im sure 50 other people understood it. (see, there's a wink with a smiley sign which indicates that i wasn't serious about the post)

Zim said:

Wow so basically Player1x3 you just got really racist really fast. Nothing in criss's post implied ANYTHING in your reply. You just brought out your own prejudices. 

Except that it wasn't needed to imply anything, that's not why i made the joke. I already explained why i did it and why i thought it would be funny in other post

NintendoPie said:

You really seem to enjoy any form of bashing that you can type up.

What?

btw i responded in this thread to you because:

How was that in any way relevant to that thread?

Player1x3 said:
lestatdark said:
Player1x3 said:
lestatdark said:
No offense Player, but it's rather pointless to argue with you (as shown on many other threads in the past). People show you examples and rational thoughts behind their logics and you just throw them all away because only you can be right.

Forget about what all analysts and people that actually know about football more than you and me said about the Russian team, with Arshavin, Zirkhov, Kherzakov, Dzagoev, Shirokov, Izmailov, etc. Having high probabilities of advancing to later stages if they played their prime as they showed against the Czech. All those people were naive and silly right?

I love the classic ''lol ur dumb, shut up'' argument. Its alright  tho

Wait, aren't you the one using that argument since the start? Whenever did I say you're dumb? I just said that it's pointless to argue with you, as you have shown time and time again. 

No, you do not understand. I always responded with an argument, i never told anyone they're pointless to argue with. I don't do that. I respect other positions and opinions, i do not attack them

but like someone else said, it doesn't make sense to argue with you. you will always try to find a way to say it wasn't meant like that or you got offended and had to reply or what you wrote about me now...

Argue? I wasn't arguing with you, you pretty much quoted me, attacked me and made some bullshit assumptions about me. There was never any actual argument. Just you and your bullshit assumptions on me, and me trying to defend / explain myself like a moron that actually cared what you thought of me (which i will stop doing ASAP)

Sorry for bump folks.Im done with him

AndrewWK said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
RolStoppable said:
I'd like to see Spain vs. England in the final and because of kowenicki's bad attitude when it comes to football, the game shall end 5:0.

not so fast , it will be portugal vs england , 5 - 0 xD

Portugal barely passed Czech Republic, they wont see any light against Spain or France

Did you even see the game at all? Barely passed? 

I've seen some nasty comments regarding Portugal on this thread, but this one takes the cake. So, Portugal barely passed a team that had ZERO chances on goal and only ONE Strike in the entire game, a team that had ZERO attacking opportunities in 60 minutes of the game. 

Portugal barely passed a team in which with a bit more luck, the final score should have been 3 - 0 or 4 - 0. Portugal barely passed a team in which we had two balls in the posts, Petr Cech did a performance of a lifetime, and in which everyone admitted that the offensive performance of Portugal in the second half was nothing short of brilliant. 

Tl, dr: Learn to watch football.

@Milkyjoe - In that I agree, Pepe really does push it sometimes.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"