By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
okr said:
Barozi said:
Dortmund does it !

I wished I could agree but it was the other Bender.

Haha true I didn't pay attention when Löw nominated the squad.

Around the Network

Wow. Ronaldo was phenomenal tonight, absolutely astonishing. Best individual performance of the tournament so far by a long way. Glad they went through.

Holland were highly underwhelming. All that quality going forward and they found the net twice. Nice to see Ronaldo come late to the party.

kowenicki said:
Just seen the pen incident... ohhhh.... lucky Germany...

Bendtner took the shot so no penalty. There is no advatage in the box.

Barozi said:
okr said:
Barozi said:
Dortmund does it !

I wished I could agree but it was the other Bender.

Haha true I didn't pay attention when Löw nominated the squad.

To be honest, me neither. I only realized today when I read a pre-match interview with Lars from Leverkusen that he's in the squad and not Sven from Dortmund. That's my BVB goggles, I guess.

What a great moment to score your first goal for your national team http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lars_Bender#International_goals

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
Random question, why are Holland called "The Dutch"?

There's really not much to make of Nederland / the Netherlands.

Holland is only a part of the country, comparable to England and the United Kingdom.

Dutch may come from Diets, which has a common ancestor with Deutsch. Had things gone different in the middle ages we might be part of Germany.

Congrats to Portugal.

I feel sorry for Denmark. They played pretty well and clever in all 3 matches imo and most probably would have made it to the QF in, say, group A.

kowenicki said:
Ajescent said:

I think it comes from a confusion with Germany...  I doubt the Dutch like that very much.

Would be awkward considering their anthem has a part where it goes like  'being from German blood' they just sang it.

non-gravity said:
Ajescent said:

There's really not much to make of Nederland / the Netherlands.

Holland is only a part of the country, comparable to England and the United Kingdom.

Dutch may come from Diets, which has a common ancestor with Deutsch. Had things gone different in the middle ages we might be part of Germany.

Yes, I meant to type Netherlands but got lazy.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Lostplanet22 said:
kowenicki said:
Ajescent said:

I think it comes from a confusion with Germany...  I doubt the Dutch like that very much.

Would be awkward considering their anthem has a part where it goes like  'being from German blood' they just sang it.

i believe they sing something from king wilhelm or something like that from german blood and something about spain as well but not sure what this was.