By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I predict Spain will beat Portugal by 2 goals. Spain are short priced favorites to go back to back. 

Germany - Italy that game can go either way but Germany are favourites.

Around the Network

I hope the refree wont help the germans too much

The Fury said:
Slimebeast said:

Can't complain? You are satisfied with England constantly being a B-nation?

England is the motherland of football and the sport is huge. I bet all youngsters over there want to become a football pro, just like they want in all big football nations. England shoule be a top nation in football along with Spain, Germany, Italy and France. But for some strange reason they're not. They're clearly even below Holland and Portugal when they shouldn't be.

I believe the talent is there but the system is still wrong. I just don't get why England (both the Premiere League and the national team) doesn't reform the system and strategy into a philosophy of ball possession and skill instead of *insert name for the English style of play*.

Something is wrong when the split in ball possession is 40-60 in a match against Italy (famous for its defense).

There are so many around the world who want England to succeed (especially here in Scandinavia but from what I have learned England is popular in many places around the world) and we get disappointed every time. Just like the English people we have the same hype and (unrealistic) confidence in the English team before a big cup and then it always ends in disappointment.

Like I said, more reform is needed. The players are skilled and deserve a better strategy. Not Spain skilled but at least they could try to play like Holland (kinda bad timing to bring up Holland in this tournament lol but their philosophy and strategy is much better than England's).

This is all written in love, so if you're a team England fan please don't feel offended.

You are right, things need to chane but it's not to a copy cat passing game. We need to play like English football. Our defence is great our attack is not, we need to scare opposition attacks and defenders instead of letting them pass. Need to place pressure on them. In this last game, Carroll (as a big man) should have started and pressured Pirlo out of the game, scare him.

Also our left is weak also, 2 best lefts the United Kingdom has produced in years and they both play for Wales. :P

In 4 years, our team could be awesome, the young players are only going to get stronger.

I don't really understand what you mean by this "scare" business. Do you mean you would have liked Carroll to stick to Pirlo? Surely dropping that deep would have rendered him useless. The only thing he can do well is be big up front, he needs to stay up there. Also, I sincerely doubt Pirlo would be quaking in his boots if that lummox was marking him. He's too slow to pressurise players far up the pitch.

If Lescott and Carroll were playing from the start instead of Wellbeck and Millner then England would've won.

Oh, and whoever decided to let Ashley Young take a penalty is a fucking moron.

Roy Hodgeson is a terrible manager too. They NEED Harry Redknapp!

Oh, and the Spain & Portugal game WILL BE THE WORST FOOTBALL GAME OF ALL TIME!! Both are fucking terrible to watch.

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:

Oh, and the Spain & Portugal game WILL BE THE WORST FOOTBALL GAME OF ALL TIME!! Both are fucking terrible to watch.

The bitterness is strong on this one

Funny, I've only read how entertaining Portugal matches have been since the Portugal - Denmark match. I guess everyone was wrong. England matches on the other hand have been amazing, a true marvel to behold? Especially yesterday's england performance, which was nothing short of sublime .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
man-bear-pig said:

Funny, I've only read how entertaining Portugal matches have been since the Portugal - Denmark match. I guess everyone was wrong. England matches on the other hand have been amazing, a true marvel to behold? Especially yesterday's england performance, which was nothing short of sublime .

England were TERRIBLE yesterday, I'm not denying it. Spain & Portugal game will be a game of all passing and no action. Mark my words.

man-bear-pig said:
If Lescott and Carroll were playing from the start instead of Wellbeck and Millner then England would've won.

Oh, and whoever decided to let Ashley Young take a penalty is a fucking moron.

I presume you mean Walcott, not Lescott. Neither he or carroll made much of a differnece when they were playing, did they? Why in God's name do you think they could have won if they started? England were dreadful and totally outclassed, they would have needed a lot more than that to have won the game. 

As for your other post, England weren't exactly a joy to watch either were they? Portugal are a very exciting team who actually try to attack and a joy to watch. I can only assume you only watched them against germany, or not at all

man-bear-pig said:

You wish your Team played 1/10 of what Portugal and Spain Play. Better luck on the World Cup. The 4 Best European Teams are on the Semi Finals.

man-bear-pig said:
lestatdark said:
man-bear-pig said:

England were TERRIBLE yesterday, I'm not denying it. Spain & Portugal game will be a game of all passing and no action. Mark my words.

I doubt that will happen. Even in WC 2010, when Portugal was playing like utter shit on a stick, the Portugal - Spain match was at least better than Spain - France on this current Euro. 

And now that we found a much balanced attack form, I doubt Paulo Bento will go back and undo all that just to play Spain. Not only would that be football suicide, it wouldn't make any kind of sense at all. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"