By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGC -BEYOND: THE LAST OF US-

Jay520 said:
I hope that in the harder diificulties in TLoU, Ellie doesn't help you out much. I don't like the idea of someone saving me whenever I make a stupid decision.

You won't be saved everytime.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Jay520 said:
I hope that in the harder diificulties in TLoU, Ellie doesn't help you out much. I don't like the idea of someone saving me whenever I make a stupid decision.

how do you know this?

Jay520 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Jay520 said:

how do you know this?

You really question someone who follows the game like I do? O.o

One word: research. The scenarios will be dynamic, and depending on the extent of each action, Ellie won't always be able to "bail you out". 

CGI-Quality said:
Jay520 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Jay520 said:

how do you know this?

One word: research. The scenarios will be dynamic, and depending on the extent of each action, Ellie won't always be able to "bail you out". 

I know you know, that's why I asked.

Also, that's not what etr

Jay520 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Jay520 said:

how do you know this?

I know you know, that's why I asked.

Also, that's not what etr

Not sure what you heard, but there will be plenty of instances where Ellie won't help you in time (even if she attempts to 9 / 10).

Around the Network

Have a read:

"The enemy AI is not just smart, it is as good as any game ever made. They will react based on your tactics and situation, and can change their strategy on the fly. When the enemy about to charge Joel skidded to a halt and then turned and ran after seeing him reload, it was a beautiful moment of gameplay.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/e3-2012-the-last-of-us-is-the-best-movie-you-will-play-next-year/#ixzz1xFaMxbl4

Kantor said:
Naznatips has written a glowing preview of the game based on a behind closed doors screening:

http://www.gamrreview.com/preview/89032/the-last-of-us-redefines-the-survival-genre/

"Survival-horror has been a common genre in gaming for many years, but no game has ever shown such an intense and powerful focus of that first word. Survival is our first instinct, and watching The Last of Us immediately pulled me into a desperate, edge-of-my-seat disposition. This is a game I hadn’t seen before, and between the gorgeous graphics, dynamic AI, visceral, heavy combat, and powerful storytelling the feel of the game is wholly unique. If you’re looking for the biggest surprise of the show, look no further. This isn’t just another zombie game, or another Uncharted game. The Last of Us is the survival game I never knew I wanted, but now can hardly wait for. "

Thats a fantastic read. Thanks for posting it!

This is probably the best article there is regarding The Last Of Us' AI (and answers your question of "how did I know", Jay50)

http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/08/the-last-of-us-is-even-smarter-than-you-think/

In a more dangerous situation, however, every single dynamic takes on major significance. When they’re discovered, Joel pulls out his revolver. Instantly, a scavenger warns his friends: “Aw, shit! He’s got a gun!”

“How many did you see?”

“Only saw one! He’s right by the door!” And yes, that’s right where Joel’s hiding. When he fires his gun, Ellie jumps, covering her ears. One of the scavengers gets the jump on Joel, bashing him up and adding a nasty cut across Joel’s nose before putting him in a choke hold for the men aiming from the windows. They take their time, making sure they hit Joel and not their friend.

At times like these, we’ve seen Ellie jump in before, using her butterfly knife to stick someone who’s got Joel on the ropes. This time, nothing … because those gunmen at the windows will take her out if she tries, and she knows it. Naughty Dog built a survival instinct into Ellie. It’s so good, Naughty Dog decided that players didn’t need the ability to direct her. Ellie directs herself.

Both games sound sweet!

3eyond needs move support just like Heavy Rain. Using move transformed the game from great to all time favorite. I think because the game had minimal controls move really helped to make you a part of the game. It transformed it from feeling third person to first.

Just watched that Beyond game play... oh my god.