By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Am I the only person excited for Elder Scrolls Online? (in-game video)

I think i am exited for the soundtrack. Elder Scrolls game have nice symphonic music. Not really interested in mmo's much. Playing Guild Wars 2 as my first ever mmo and quite enjoying it. It also doesn't cost $200/year to play it too like some of the other subscription based mmo's.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
selnor said:
I want this so bad only if:

It plays exactly like Elder Scrolls Skyrim just with loads of online friends. Same mechanics, exactly. The same mechanics. If they turn it into the absolute Carp that is Wow. I mean absolute CRAP. Point and click rinse and repeat mechanics for 20,000 hours. LOL at people who think they are great at it. Its just because you have spent time on it. Not because it takes any remote skill.

You've obviously never done high level arena, I'd bet 1 million dollars that you'd never even reach 2200 rating in your life time unless you get carried since you have to deal with at least 50 keybindings that have nothing to do with point and click(which I'll bet you are not good at either). Now if you are talking about MOBA, that might be true since it's more about strategy and not so much skill, which plays like shit on a gamepad since you can't do quick map access.

My point is Ive got a mate who has end gamed WOW. Well until the next expansion. And even he says its probably the biggest waste of is gaming life. As its just point and click. Sure you can argue that theres 100's of abilities and buttons to click, but at te end of the day its still watching your character fight for you.

Again I say I ope Elder Scrolls plays like the series does.

selnor said:
dahuman said:
selnor said:

It plays exactly like Elder Scrolls Skyrim just with loads of online friends. Same mechanics, exactly. The same mechanics. If they turn it into the absolute Carp that is Wow. I mean absolute CRAP. Point and click rinse and repeat mechanics for 20,000 hours. LOL at people who think they are great at it. Its just because you have spent time on it. Not because it takes any remote skill.

You've obviously never done high level arena, I'd bet 1 million dollars that you'd never even reach 2200 rating in your life time unless you get carried since you have to deal with at least 50 keybindings that have nothing to do with point and click(which I'll bet you are not good at either). Now if you are talking about MOBA, that might be true since it's more about strategy and not so much skill, which plays like shit on a gamepad since you can't do quick map access.

My point is Ive got a mate who has end gamed WOW. Well until the next expansion. And even he says its probably the biggest waste of is gaming life. As its just point and click. Sure you can argue that theres 100's of abilities and buttons to click, but at te end of the day its still watching your character fight for you.

I can agree with the waste of gaming life part since I don't play it anymore, but saying it doesn't take skill or that your character just fights for you means that he is proably mainly pve and really bad at pvp if you watch him play all that much since WoW pvp was never about just point and click even in vanilla days, not to mention clickers are just fucking  the worst of bad. As far as your other concern goes, I doubt the new Elder Scroll game would play like Skyrim.

dahuman said:
selnor said:
dahuman said:
selnor said:

I can agree with the waste of gaming life part since I don't play it anymore, but saying it doesn't take skill or that your character just fights for you means that he is proably mainly pve and really bad at pvp if you watch him play all that much since WoW pvp was never about just point and click even in vanilla days, not to mention clickers are just fucking  the worst of bad. As far as your other concern goes, I doubt the new Elder Scroll game would play like Skyrim.

If Elder Scrolls doesnt play with Combat like Skyrim or Oblivion etc I wont be buying. If its select that target and use that ability then I will not buy this. It has to be first person and the same involving realtime combat.

Otherwise to me its not Elder Scrolls.

selnor said:
dahuman said:
selnor said:
dahuman said:
selnor said:

If Elder Scrolls doesnt play with Combat like Skyrim or Oblivion etc I wont be buying. If its select that target and use that ability then I will not buy this. It has to be first person and the same involving realtime combat.

Otherwise to me its not Elder Scrolls.

I don't care if you buy the game or not, just don't make assumptions on a game and say it's skill less just because the people you watch play are horrible.

Around the Network

Is this going to have a monthly subscription? If it is, then it won't succeed. The regular series won't be scrapped either way because Skyrim was a massive success in sales.

XBL Gamertag: ckmlb, PSN ID: ckmlb

It just looks really generic and boring. Elder Scrolls is good because it's single-player. Not sure the same magic that makes Bethesda Elder Scrolls games fun will be present in the MMO.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

I might play it when it goes Free to Play

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

it's not going to "ruin" the series, it looks extremely generic, like what The old Republic was to KoToR 1 and 2.

My prediction is that this will free to play if not at launch but after 6-12 months. As in pay once and than play model like Guild Wars 2. It is just hard to establish big player base when you have to pay $15 bucks a month. I also don't get why its always $15 and why not 5-10 or like $40 bucks a year etc.