By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Am I the only person excited for Elder Scrolls Online? (in-game video)

selnor said:
I want this so bad only if:

It plays exactly like Elder Scrolls Skyrim just with loads of online friends. Same mechanics, exactly. The same mechanics. If they turn it into the absolute Carp that is Wow. I mean absolute CRAP. Point and click rinse and repeat mechanics for 20,000 hours. LOL at people who think they are great at it. Its just because you have spent time on it. Not because it takes any remote skill.

So he wanted it to be like Skyrim? lol 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

End game WoW raiding takes more skill than is ever needed in Skyrim, PvP in WoW takes more skill than is ever needed in Skyrim. The game has gotten easier (for raiding) over time, but Skyrim is still much much easier. It is of course a huge time waste because it's infinite play if you choose to do that. PvP takes genuine skill in WoW.

Claiming that people getting better at something over time doesn't require skill is crazy, literally every skill gets better with practice.

XBL Gamertag: ckmlb, PSN ID: ckmlb

I think Elder Scrolls needed a multiplayer aspect, but not a MMO aspect. Before Skyrim came out I contemplated how amazing it would be if it was a co-op title and came up with an interesting storyline clash between the two players. Two heirs vying for power of the throne after their ailing father dies.

I thought having an optional rivalry against the other player while an underlying disaster brews would be awesome.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(