Nintendo ruined my life.

Yes, a lot! 35 12.37%

Yes, kinda! 11 3.89%

You're nuts. 52 18.37%

Get a grip! 63 22.26%

They definitely failed E3, but we'll see. 87 30.74%

Beer (ummmm) 34 12.01%

Total:282

lets all boycott Nintendo for not showing us something that shows the power of the WiiU

Ubisoft you suck for not porting FarCry 3 to WiiU as well as Hotdogs or whatever that games name was

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
shakarak said:
I thought Nintendo land actually looks like some very well thought out multi player games (to play with the girlfriend and some of my friends). While I'll be able to play some Pikmin to satisfy my core Nintendo needs. Luckily as PC gamer too and you need to appreciate Nintendo for what they bring to the table. We are in a day and age where what Nintendo brings, and say what Sony or Microsoft brings to the table are completely different. You'd be a fool to only game on one of the consoles.

Oh, luckily Nintendo convinced me in 2011 to buy a PS3. Now they've convinced me to wait at least a year to buy a WiiU, after all the happy women and kindergarteners brought down the cost of production for me.

Their bodies are ready.

Oh, and so the Wii Fit not only works as a cheap scale, but also doubles as a toilet seat now? AWESOME!

spurgeonryan said:
Over reacting, drama loving, Thread.

Obligatory :)

I would like some actual pictures of the show floor. I hope gamrreview takes a bunch. How many if you were on the gamrreview blog during the show?

IGN has some Gameplay up. I'm sure MyNintendoNews also has some things...

What I find interesting is that most of the Nintendo Fans are freaking out over the Wii U and how "stupid" or "bad" it is yet several fans of other companies seem to think Nintendo has done a quite OK job with the Wii U so far. I don't know what has gotten into my fellow Ninty Fans because this Conference seriously was not that bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Zt7vVrMDM&feature=g-upl

Around the Network
RAcCoOnErOuS said:

Don't ever do that again.

homer said:
SaviorX said:
You are seriously overreacting dude.
Honestly, what did Nintendo do that warrants this type of response?

Made me watch Nintendo Land at the end of their conference, because, you know, companies usually try to end their conference on a high note, this one could have been Smash Bros. Also, shouldn't have divided their conferences and should have just created a 2 hour super conference.

Nintendo Land went on too long I'll admit, but it could have been much worse, like Sonys 15 minute Wonderbook debacle. However, Sony did end with a "mindblowing" headshot in The Last of Us, one of their 2 titles worth mentioning.

Outside of the carnival appearance, look at the actual minigames WITHIN N-Land though... I noticed the presentation was no different from a Mario Party & some Animal Crossing but with Miis. We saw maybe 2/12 games within Nintendo Land.

When Iwata announced Smash Bros last year, Kid Icarus was not even finished yet! Sakurai had no work of any type dedicated to a new SB...Besides look at the previous Smash release years... 1999?....2001...2008...I dont expect a WiiU/3DS release until 2015, which makes perfect historical sense. Don't forget these games are more graphically intense than ever either.

Could you imagine watching Iwata talk for HALF AN HOUR on-stage? Absolutely not, and it was a brilliant idea to keep the two entities separate. Nintendo must have warned us at least 100 times during presentation how strapped for time they were, and they even went 10 minutes overboard.  The strategy they are taking with their release is so vintage and predictable that I have no cause for concern. As if WiiU was not enough, the have a whole conference for their handheld side of the business tomorrow....

If history has told me anything...after NSMBU sells gangbusters... there will be a Smash in 2015 revealed at E3 2014, a Mario 3D title next holiday with a Mario Kart about 6 months after that. There will be another Wii____ title that makes representative use of tablet function that summer. Zelda will be there 2014 since they already began work on it. Pikmin is near done, so whatever IP that team has worked on before, they'll go back to, or try to finish this 'new character' Miyamoto said he was trying to create. Retro, Monolith, and Next Level will have stuff to show at next year's E3, in addition to 3rd parties this year at TGS like Capcom & Square Enix.

Nintendo had to cover all the bases. Sure for launch they are receiving ports, but that is not anything new.

Black Ops, Assassins Creed, Tekken, Mass Effect, Batman, ZombiU, Darksiders, Ninja Gaiden, Alien. They have to start somewhere and games take time. Not everyone is exactly releasing new IPs around here either. What is missing? Bioshock? Medal of Honor? Resident Evil 6? GTAV (no one knows). Other titles have not been confirmed, but they have not been denied either.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

BasilZero said:
RolStoppable said:
Nintendo was destined to fail. They saw their most successful home console as a mistake and thus decided to kill it. You can't expect something good coming out of the minds of idiots.

Admittedly though, they failed even harder than expected. They killed the Wii for this. Hahaha.

Who cares, if it has mario, its a success! *_________*

That's only true for sales.

RAcCoOnErOuS said:

Fuck, I'm seeing things! XD

BasilZero said:

Wii-U's gonna do good, not sure why people are overreacting, it hasnt even been released nor a price tag been announced. I'm pretty sure by TGS 2012 there will be more games from Nintendo's older IPs that will be announced like Star Fox, Kirby, Zelda, etc.

At TGS they'll want to focus on pleasing the Japanese Market the most. If they attend it.