Nintendo ruined my life.

Yes, a lot! 35 12.37%

Yes, kinda! 11 3.89%

You're nuts. 52 18.37%

Get a grip! 63 22.26%

They definitely failed E3, but we'll see. 87 30.74%

Beer (ummmm) 34 12.01%

Total:282

Come on, the WiiU will be huge this holiday season!

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

I think they should have just put in the second circle pad in the 3DS just to get it over with. They are probably going to do it eventually anyway.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Metallicube said:
NightDragon83 said:
Apparently happydolphin has been living in a coma for most of the past decade, because he's just now realizing that Nintendo is all about promoting their brand and image to as many people as possible, even if that means sacrificing their long time and loyal fans in the process.

Nintendo is the George Lucas of videogames.

Unlike MS and Sony who are all about the gamerz, m i rite???

Well of course they are all about promoting their brands too... but when it comes to games, take a look at all of the biggest games over the past 10-15 years that don't have Mario, Zelda, Wii, or Pokemon in the title... which systems are they on?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

shakarak said:
I thought Nintendo land actually looks like some very well thought out multi player games (to play with the girlfriend and some of my friends). While I'll be able to play some Pikmin to satisfy my core Nintendo needs. Luckily as PC gamer too and you need to appreciate Nintendo for what they bring to the table. We are in a day and age where what Nintendo brings, and say what Sony or Microsoft brings to the table are completely different. You'd be a fool to only game on one of the consoles.

I don't thik i'll be playing nintnedo land with my girlfriend anytime soon.

Anyway to me Nintendo land appears to be more a kids thing with 12 mini games with Nintendo supposedly embedding 12 core franchises in it. It is just a marketing tool to get the kids hooked on all them when they get older. This way Nintendo can keep most their new generation of fans maybe till the age of 15-18.

Then when they really get older  they jump ship to micrososft/sony, which by then Nintendo has made their money and the cycle repeats itself.

NightDragon83 said:
Metallicube said:
NightDragon83 said:
Apparently happydolphin has been living in a coma for most of the past decade, because he's just now realizing that Nintendo is all about promoting their brand and image to as many people as possible, even if that means sacrificing their long time and loyal fans in the process.

Well of course they are all about promoting their brands too... but when it comes to games, take a look at all of the biggest games over the past 10-15 years that don't have Mario, Zelda, Wii, or Pokemon in the title... which systems are they on?

Characters don't matter to me. Gameplay is what matters. Nintendo can make a million Mario games for all I care as long as they remain fun and at least somewhat fresh in gameplay.

I also don't care about the "biggest" games. I care about the games I enjoy the most. And for my money, most of those have been on Nintendo consoles.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
You forgot to blame Sega... the ones who started the whole kiddy-image thing.

oh, and I have seen footage of Halo 1 & 2 and a little of 3 before... I don't remember them being so much like Metroid Prime, but even the early videos we got months ago of Halo 4 instantly reminded me of scenes in MP3:Corruption.

No, Sega didn't start the kiddy image; Sega created the "Nintendo is the slower console" image, and boosted the selves as thecool console. Then Rare released Donkey Kong Country - and that was over with. Nintendo created the kiddy image for themselves when they used cartridges on the N64, and then hammered the point home when they released a big purple lunchbox system with a controller featuring a giant green button.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Metallicube said:
NightDragon83 said:
Metallicube said:
NightDragon83 said:

Characters don't matter to me. Gameplay is what matters. Nintendo can make a million Mario games for all I care as long as they remain fun and at least somewhat fresh in gameplay.

I also don't care about the "biggest" games. I care about the games I enjoy the most. And for my money, most of those have been on Nintendo consoles.

ARE  READY? O_o 

I agree with those words a 100%... And I live you sig way too much!

OT: Nintendoland actually looks very interesting to say the least

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

happydolphin said:

Yes, my dear friends and family, I blame you, I blame Nintendo, I blame Sony, and Microsoft, I blame EA and Ubisoft and even PC fans for ruining this company for me...

There was a day where Nintendo was the lord of gaming, where games that came out on their systems were THE games to own. The core was theirs to own, and gaming on their system was taken seriously. But today, we have a glorified kindergarden in a console.

I blame Sony for releasing the Playstation and ass-raping Nintendo's 64.

I blame Ubisoft for flooding the Wii with shovelware.

I blame EA for putting their efforst on non-Nintendo consoles first, always.

I blame Microsoft for making Halo 4 the next Metroid Prime we've been asking for.

I blame pezus for absolutely no reason.

I BLAME SEGA, FOR STARTING THE KIDDY IMAGE THINGY!!!! *thanks TWRoO*

I blame PS Home for leading Nintendo to launch Nintendoland, what fucking assholes. *thanks M.U.G.E.N.*

And I blame, most of all, Nintendo, for losing it's god-damned mind.

Hilarious! Great post.

This guy must hate having fun!!