By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Segregation by musical taste in USA is true?

I'm from southern California and I've never heard of this.

Around the Network

It's true. You will see a lot of water fountains and restrooms marked "Heavy Metal Only". Sad that this is still going on in 2012.

wfz said:

We live in San Deigo.. Alot of diversity here,different ethics groups blend well.

I can't imagine some buddies from work coming to my place and me having 60's and 70's music playing. They would think I am weird, even though their music is just talking to a computer generated beat.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Xxain said:
wfz said:

We live in San Deigo.. Alot of diversity here,different ethics groups blend well.

Indeed. I grew up here not even realizing that racial stereotypes and grudges still existed - I thought it was a thing of the past.

Then when I started getting into the internet more (around 17 years old), I started realizing that we just live in a very advanced area compared to the rest of the USA (in regards to racial acceptance and blending).

Around the Network

lolol I think it might depend on where you live in America. I have white friends that listen to rap and all that other "black" music. I even like some of it.
I like the music that I like and I don't care who knows. Pop, country, Hip-hop, R&B, rock, all kinds of music.

Congratulations on getting Adam Lambert's Trespassin' album, it's really good. One of my favorites.
Yesterday I just got Maroon 5's new album Overexposed. Listening to it for the first time right now, and so far I love it.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

in america, most everything has some level of segregation to it.

In some areas yes. Especially some of the black guys I know are told they are White Washed for listening to that music.