By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Baroque on Wii. Should I get excited?

Before anyone mentions it, yes I am aware that it is also on the PS2. Mine was long ago carried to the dump.

It appears to be a traditional JRPG, with a dark theme, and classic dungeon crawling. Releasing on February 26.

By my count the Wii currently has 0 RPGs(in NA at least). I have Super Paper Mario and unlike its exquisite Gamecube brother is not an RPG in my opinion. Frankly Zelda is the closest thing to an RPG we have had in 15 months.

We have seen plenty of ports for good or for bad. I think it has been a good thing. But now that the Wii is hitting its stride I think that they have outlived their usefullness with the exception of RPGs. RPGs are huge and traditional take longer to develop. So since a lot of 3rd parties have been slow to the table, I think that we still won't see many built for Wii RPGs in the near future. 

With some luck those PS2 developers who are holding out could transition to the Wii very easily, and make it their system of choice for all but the highest minded visual drama RPGs. But that is just my wishful thinking.

As for this game itself it looks good, althought details are a little scant. I have been pleased with Atlus titles in the passed and retial price is currently list at $39.99.

What are your thoughts? 

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Around the Network

i haven't seen enough about it to hype it but i think it at minimum deserves a spot on my "games to watch out for". like you said, that haven't be a ton of RPGs yet so if for no other reason than that, i wouldn't count it out yet.

dschumm said:

By my count the Wii currently has 0 RPGs(in NA at least).

Fire Emblem says hi. =P

Well, it depends. What's the battle system like?

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

they gme has my ears perked

Around the Network
BrainBoxLtd said:
dschumm said:

By my count the Wii currently has 0 RPGs(in NA at least).

Fire Emblem says hi. =P

Yeah and although probably noone will agree with me, so does Godfather.  

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Ok yeah I should have listed Fire Emblem, brainfart I guess. I guess I didn't think about strategy RPGs when I made the lsit.

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Official web site

http://www.atlus.com/baroque/

*naznatips is exempt

I'm actually pretty psyched about Baroque. I'm still mad the scraped the old soundtrack, but the game does look interesting.

I'm looking forward to that game and will surely buy it, except it get's bad reviews. I'm a great RPG-fan and you're right, theres not much on the Wii yet. Fire Emblem hasn't reached Europe yet, so I have no RPG for now.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]