By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You might as well give up video games if activity level is your threshold.

Around the Network
Munkeh said:
oli2 said:
Munkeh said:

Isn't it different as with N64, this was on top of the traditional controls and an extra, not the whole selling point of the console and the main part of any game. It is far more drastic than an analogue stick, as that is simply a different form of d-pad

To come back to Wii : i can garantee you than when you have played Wii Tennis, you don't feel interest in VT3 ... (so says the japanese public, given the sales)

How about real tennis when you want to be active. it's more fun, plus you get some exercise

How about both? Seriously that is a weak argument. I do't know about you but I don't know the last tiem you were able to spark up a game of tennis after a night of drinking at 2 AM in the morning and then do something like Bowling almost immediately afterwards with no driving.

You can still bowl and play tennis in real life but the Wii adds a measure of fun to these games that would be ordinarily dull with regular buttons.

When the analog stick came out on the 64 there were many critics of it after it came out. People said it could never be used to play a turn based RPG or Fighter or side scroller. Yet this isn't the case.

Now I can never understand how anyone can not see how the pointer could not be used for a RPG in fact it seems a perfect fit with the long inventory menus and action selections as well as selecting the enemy you wish to fight. I have always prefered using the mouse for large menus. I prefered using the touch screen in FF3 rather than the D-pad and buttons.

As for the 13% availability. It says there are two stores inthe bay area that have them available. One of them is supposed to be CompUSA in Emeryville I just called and they said they are sold out yet it si still listed as available on the site. My guess is it takes a while for the site to update all the stores. If it is still at 13% on Thurs. you will have someting to talk about. However you said this before in Mid March and I think back in Feb. It isn't like the 95% availability of the PS3 or 75% of the XBOX 360 are anything to compare to  the 13%.

Also here is a disclaimer from Itrackr.

Note for GameStop and EB Games Stores:

GameStop and EB Games stores are sometimes VERY SLOW in updating their inventory systems and thus may produce an inaccruate status for certain items. Even with Orange Clocks or Notifications, we highly recommend that you call GameStop or EB Games stores prior to making your trip.

Kwaad said:

Wii is now up to 13%

Been going up for the last 4 days straight. 

I think this is already the third time now that Wii availability was up to 13 % since I started writing in these forums. Let's see if it stays around there this time or if we will have 1 % again next week.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

nintendo_fanboy said:
Kwaad said:

Wii is now up to 13%

Been going up for the last 4 days straight. 

I think this is already the third time now that Wii availability was up to 13 % since I started writing in these forums. Let's see if it stays around there this time or if we will have 1 % again next week.

Yeah he gets his hopes up every month.

Not so much hope as desperation.

Around the Network
oli2 said:
Munkeh said:

How about real tennis when you want to be active. it's more fun, plus you get some exercise

How about painball ... instead of FPSes ?

How about paper RPG instead of RPG video games ?

This type of arguments will bring us nowhere ...

True, but isnt the point of wii to make you feel like you are really doing what you are doing in the game. the point of FPS is that you cannot recreate a war in a paintball game, the point is videogaming is for you to be able to do things that you can't really do in real life

Another thing, isnt this thread about Wii avaliability, this should probably be on the is wii a fad thread 

add me

Munkeh said:
oli2 said:
Munkeh said:

How about painball ... instead of FPSes ?

How about paper RPG instead of RPG video games ?

This type of arguments will bring us nowhere ...

True, but isnt the point of wii to make you feel like you are really doing what you are doing in the game. the point of FPS is that you cannot recreate a war in a paintball game, the point is videogaming is for you to be able to do things that you can't really do in real life

Another thing, isnt this thread about Wii avaliability, this should probably be on the is wii a fad thread

I know some great golfers that play all the time, but they also enjoy playing golf video games. There are plenty of professional athletes that love to play video games of the sports they get paid to play. I'm sure there are plenty of tennis players that love to play tennis video games. So your argument doesn't really hold much water.

lol, good one Munkeh, take up golf, tennis, bowling, baseball and boxing. After doing that, and being broke, and broken,... I like your logic!.
Lets slim it down, take up tennis, now lets say you try and play that, its dam difficult, if I were to try it now, (having 12 years away from the game) i'd suck the massive, give up after a few games. (Probably few sets, as I'd be so tired)
Ever tried to convince your friends at 2am (edit: or any time on the fly for that matter) to go down to the local tennis court and play tennis? what about golf?
Starting to understand now are we?
On Wii, at least I can pretend I'm half decent, its a simulation.. get over it, its fun.
People who argue that you should just get out and do it for real rather than playing a game of Wii, should actually give it a go themselves before telling others to do it.
(PS, if anyone does argue it, I demand pictures of them trying boxing, or no dice)

i seem to be digging a hole for myself

add me

This is MY hole! Get your own!

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks