By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

munkeh, if you think you have to stand up to play an rpg on the wii, you really don't know what you're talking about.

so, yeah, you're not making any sense at all.

Around the Network
r2007 said:

munkeh, if you think you have to stand up to play an rpg on the wii, you really don't know what you're talking about.

so, yeah, you're not making any sense at all.

WhatI really want is that you have to stay active all the time, and its not simply button pressing

add me

You can make $50-60 on each one of those on ebay.

Where is that pile?!?

As for some of the other fanboy idiocy in this thread, thank you.

No really, thank you for reminding me why I gave up trying to combat ignorance on the internet all those years ago.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Munkeh said:

Sorry for rambling on and probably making no sense at all.

Your reaonning is not false, given your context.

My own wonder is the following : what would you have said 10-12 years ago, when Nintendo put the analog stick on N64's tripad. Few monthes later, Mario64 arose ...

I personnally awaits the same shift with Wiimote.

You should look at reports on Metroïd Prime and its "expert mode" that sounds astonishing ...

oli2 said:

Munkeh said:

Sorry for rambling on and probably making no sense at all.

Your reaonning is not false, given your context.

My own wonder is the following : what would you have said 10-12 years ago, when Nintendo put the analog stick on N64's tripad. Few monthes later, Mario64 arose ...

I personnally awaits the same shift with Wiimote.

You should look at reports on Metroïd Prime and its "expert mode" that sounds astonishing ...

Isn't it different as with N64, this was on top of the traditional controls and an extra, not the whole selling point of the console and the main part of any game. It is far more drastic than an analogue stick, as that is simply a different form of d-pad

add me

Around the Network

Wiimote still has all the same traditional controls as well though, maybe a few less buttons.

Concerning Wii avaliablity, it is avaliable at GAME again. However, instead of the usual 4 game bundles they used to be selling (last time it was in stock), there is a 2 game bundle. I beleive someone on this forum said something which esssentially meant that this a sign of Wii interest dropping.

add me

Munkeh said:

Isn't it different as with N64, this was on top of the traditional controls and an extra, not the whole selling point of the console and the main part of any game. It is far more drastic than an analogue stick, as that is simply a different form of d-pad

I agree .. this is a scale of magnitude different, but my point was not there ...

Before the stick was used "this" way, nobody knew this could be so "cool". Do you know there were a time were 3D plate-former could not be played with a stick ?

To come back to Wii : i can garantee you than when you have played Wii Tennis, you don't feel interest in VT3 ... (so says the japanese public, given the sales) 

oli2 said:
Munkeh said:

To come back to Wii : i can garantee you than when you have played Wii Tennis, you don't feel interest in VT3 ... (so says the japanese public, given the sales)

How about real tennis when you want to be active. it's more fun, plus you get some exercise

add me

Munkeh said:

How about real tennis when you want to be active. it's more fun, plus you get some exercise

How about painball ... instead of FPSes ?

How about paper RPG instead of RPG video games ?

This type of arguments will bring us nowhere ...