By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - xbox 360 top selling console world wide?

sales2099 said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
sales2099 said:
YukanaSenix said:
sales2099 said:
360 outshipped PS3 in 2011.

In the corporate world, shipped is the criteria for victory.

In this world there are Ponys and all that stuff too am i right?

Microsoft again lying as much as they can.
PS3 outsold them in 2011 and is doing it right now in 2012.
Someone needs to teach them how numbers work.

PS3 outsold but not outshipped in 2011.

I will repeat myself: In the corporate world, shipped is the criteria for victory.

funny you say that, cause i think ps3 will outship 360 before it shows on this site. then your gonna be saying its sold to consumer that matters while all the ps3 fans will be saying what your saying now

Nope I go by corporate rules. So youd be wrong. 

when sony announce they've shipped more, i'll be sure to see what you have to say about it. seeing as you go by "corporate rules"

Around the Network
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
sales2099 said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
sales2099 said:
YukanaSenix said:
sales2099 said:
360 outshipped PS3 in 2011.

In the corporate world, shipped is the criteria for victory.

In this world there are Ponys and all that stuff too am i right?

Microsoft again lying as much as they can.
PS3 outsold them in 2011 and is doing it right now in 2012.
Someone needs to teach them how numbers work.

PS3 outsold but not outshipped in 2011.

I will repeat myself: In the corporate world, shipped is the criteria for victory.

funny you say that, cause i think ps3 will outship 360 before it shows on this site. then your gonna be saying its sold to consumer that matters while all the ps3 fans will be saying what your saying now

Nope I go by corporate rules. So youd be wrong. 

when sony announce they've shipped more, i'll be sure to see what you have to say about it. seeing as you go by "corporate rules"

the probably could already say something like they are the home console leader if they took shipped ps3 & ps2. i doubt though they want to publizie shipping more right now when the ps3 may be costing them money again in europe with the fall of the euro, i almost wonder if it falls much more if they will have to raise prices, MS for a bit can take it on the chin, but even they eventually may be forced to

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Ok the words used were,

Xbox 360 has gone from previously being NA's number 1 selling console to over the last year being the number 1 selling console world wide. Again confirming VGC mistake in numbers for last year. Even though many told VGC here. This is the 2nd time M$ have now confirmed this.

selnor said:
Ok the words used were,

Xbox 360 has gone from previously being NA's number 1 selling console to over the last year being the number 1 selling console world wide. Again confirming VGC mistake in numbers for last year. Even though many told VGC here. This is the 2nd time M$ have now confirmed this.

no. xbox 360 is spot on now. it got a 500k adjustment a while back after the nintendo charts. microsoft can confirm a million times that " xbox 360 was number 1 worldwide last year" it wont change anything here.

I don't believe that, maybe in NA and The UK but not worldwide.

Around the Network
goddog said:

I just got up and read this engadget say that MS had the top selling console world wide came here to check if it was something mentioned in their conference and did not see any threads talking about this and the thread on the 360 live feed did not mention it.... so was it talked about there or somewhere else that ms released it, and  where are they getting the numbers? are we overtracking the ps3 or undertracking the 360?

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/04/microsoft-xbox-now-is-the-top-selling-console-worldwide/

"Before Microsoft had even set off any of its gaming fireworks, Don Mattrick took to the stage to tell us that its Xbox had now graduated from best-selling console in North America to best selling console in the world. We've already seen that new versions of Halo and Splinter Cell are both incoming -- so it looks unlikely that Microsoft's good run will be ending any time soon."

off topic*

edit just another thought... man i must not be on enough these days ... just noticed that gamrreview has our news stuff now wonder how many things ive missed by only following latest articles and not both... when did we split those... and man that makes no sense to me 

Yeah this was in their press conference. It corportate spin take it with a grain of salt. You have to expect this with press conferences.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
selnor said:
Ok the words used were,

no. xbox 360 is spot on now. it got a 500k adjustment a while back after the nintendo charts. microsoft can confirm a million times that " xbox 360 was number 1 worldwide last year" it wont change anything here.

It was then adjusted back again. last two quarters of shipped figures suggest we are undertracking the 360, possibly by as much as 500k.  Not to worry though, if that is the case they'll be ammended after Q2 shipments are released as we cant accuse Microsoft of channel stuffing for 3 straight quarters surely...

slowmo said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
selnor said:
Ok the words used were,

It was then adjusted back again. last two quarters of shipped figures suggest we are undertracking the 360, possibly by as much as 500k.  Not to worry though, if that is the case they'll be ammended after Q2 shipments are released as we cant accuse Microsoft of channel stuffing for 3 straight quarters surely...

why was it adjusted back again?

The  sales figures are for US/NA region only. The X360 trails both the PS3 and the Wii in both European  and Japanese markets.

Their saying or believing it doesn't make it so.