By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: The Xbox 720(?) will sell more than the PS4 and the Wii U combined

Japan.
Nuff said

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Lol, i would have to disagree with you when it comes to the PS4...we don't know enough yet. and if Sony introduces a fee to play online so be it, as long they keep the benefits of PSPlus which i highly appreciate since i get a lot of free games and full fledge games at a discount. And rumor has it that the PS4 is still going to be bastly superior in hadrware compared to the 720, and the mistake they won't make again is the development part, the PS3 was a "pain" at the beginning to dev for but once they got used to it the graphic advantage began to show and more 3rd party devs brought games to the PS3(Bioshock and many others, cant think of them). Theres is alot of thing Sony are doing to try to get ahead of the competition and they have been very active lately. As for the WiiU, i agree with what you say, is too litle to late for Nintendo at this point and the control is akward, i hate to say it but Nintendo are going to fail badly, but we will see.

APKenna

i can most def see this happening i cant wait to get my hands on that tablet tho

no because:

1. japanese will never buy many foreign consoles as long as own consoles aren't much worse. ps4 could cost 599 bucks and xbox 199 at release with same games, graphics and controls. microsoft would still lose...

2.  in some european countries, i don't see people purchasing as much microsoft as nintendo or sony consoles (italy, spain, france and some more)

Lol, sure.

Around the Network

..well lets see........actually i could image see that coming, but of course only in American territory ;)

Sorry dude but you can't predict the future you can only try to take advantage by looking current trends and there's like only 2 in your OP.

Xbox fanboy alert!

No x9. While there is a slim but certainly realistic possibility the 720 could be the overall #1 selling console by the end of the next gen, no way in hell will it outsell both Wii U and PS4 COMBINED. Why? 3 simple reasons:

1: M$'s presence in the home console market is almost non-existent in Japan, and that's not going to change anytime soon. M$ is barely holding onto their overall sales lead over Sony because of this.

2: Nintendo's Wii U will be the cheapest system right out of the gate for next gen. Regardless of how much more powerful 720 and PS4 are, this will allow it to have a distinct edge over the competition, and once again the Wii U will be the #1 choice among the expanded / casual audience over the other two consoles. Also, most companies these days would kill to have Nintendo's "financial struggles". It's not like they are in danger of going broke anytime soon. The 3DS will keep picking up steam as more software is released and the price keeps coming down, and their brand is still very strong with kids and families.

3: You can't discount Sony. Despite their current financial struggles, they have a huge presence in Japan, Europe, and many other regions of the world, and with all signs pointing to them having the PS4 out by the end of '13 with much more developer and wallet friendly hardware than the PS3 was at launch, they could easily regain some of the market share they lost over this generation by being too arrogant.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.