By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears Of War: Judgment (People Can Fly) Revealed, First Details

Though hating Baird, I'll gladly play it.

Around the Network
Argh_College said:

Man, father time was not kind to our buddy Baird. My favorite line from the games having to do with Baird is actually Marcus telling him he thinks he's bat shit crazy. It was so dismissive and funny. Bird is rambling on about the Corpser, all serious and Marcus is like, I don' give a fuck about the Corpser and what you know dude, I've got other shit on my mind. 

OT: I never though I would say it but I'm not feeling Gears as much as I used to. I'll probably still get this just to peep the story but I'm not expecting much. Here's to being surprised.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

toadslayer72 said:
Argh_College said:

Man, father time was not kind to our buddy Baird. My favorite line from the games having to do with Baird is actually Marcus telling him he thinks he's bat shit crazy. It was so dismissive and funny. Bird is rambling on about the Corpser, all serious and Marcus is like, I don' give a fuck about the Corpser and what you know dude, I've got other shit on my mind. 

OT: I never though I would say it but I'm not feeling Gears as much as I used to. I'll probably still get this just to peep the story but I'm not expecting much. Here's to being surprised.

Baird is really funny i hope its cool.

badgenome said:
I thought that silhouette was too svelte to be Fenix.

only of you don't count the guys left and right as part of the body

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

IGN

Baird, Cole, Garron, and Sofia -- the four members of Gears of War: Judgment's Kilo Squad -- have been "charged for treason because they didn't follow orders, stole equipment, and their actions could end up killing millions of people they swore to protect," an anonymous source told IGN.

This is the premise of Judgment, and the crux of the trailer debuting at Microsoft's E3 press conference on Monday, June 4, where we'll learn officially that the next Gears of War is a prequel to the first game.

Baird and Cole look younger in Judgment because Kilo Squad was only around during the two years following Emergence Day, as far as the Gears of War novel Coalition's End is concerned. E-Day happened 14 years before the first Gears of War, which puts us more than a decade behind Epic's original Gears game, giving us the opportunity to watch their delightful relationship develop. It also leaves Judgment open to introduce a young Marcus Fenix before he gets thrown in the clink for desertion.

Two people new to the Gears canon join Baird and Cole, but we'll need to wait for Monday's E3 trailer to learn more about who they are, how they're connected to these guys, and what role they play in Kilo's treason.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/06/02/e3-2012-first-gears-of-war-judgment-story-details?utm_campaign=ign%20main%20twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Around the Network

I wonder if this is coming out this year? I personally would prefer a 2013 release.

NobleTeam360 said:
I wonder if this is coming out this year? I personally would prefer a 2013 release.

I would assume next year, putting Halo: CEA in 2011 together with Gears 3 made sense, putting Halo 4 and this Gears together is just unlikely.

its 2013 im pretty sure...

This year on October they have already Forza Horizon, Halo 4 on November. Fable Journey aswell.

Out of Marcus, Dom and Cole, Baird is my least favourite character, but I'll still buy this the week it comes out, I love Gears too much :D

ONLYSP

The full GameInformer article for Gears of War: Judgement has been released online in a number of different areas, but instead of just sharing the link with you, we figured we’d break it down so you get just the juiciest parts, and not all the extra details. These details are the real deal, so lets get started.

Gears of War: Judgement is set 15 years before the original Gears of War. The characters we mentioned yesterday are in fact the four playable characters in Judgement, Baird, Cole, Sofia and Garron, all of Kilo Squad, and are standing trail for desertion, cowardice, trespassing, theft of experimental military technology, and treason. Thus, Kilo Squad is formed and their missions begin, take down the Locust Horde.

Considering how early the game takes place during the Locust invasion, you’ll be facing more Locust than ever before, making the small scales battles from the original trilogy, feel like a skirmish compared to what will occur in Judgement. The characters of Kilo Squad will narrate their version of the story, while you relive their flashbacks. While the game will still put a focus on story, cinematics won’t be used as often in Judgement as they were in Gears of War 3, as the characters will narrate the story on the fly, so the action never has to stop. Remember the walking sections where the characters would hold their fingers to their ears for a radio chat? Yeah, you can say goodbye to those.

Environmental storytelling will play a major role in Judgement, The invasion occurs just after the Pendulum Wars ended, so the citizens of Sera were enjoying their celebrations, only to be interrupted by the Locust invasion. During the segment that GameInformer was shown, Kilo Squad is traveling through an area where a parade was occurring, celebrating the end of the war. Confetti and banners litter the streets and buildings, along with destroyed floats lining the streets. We won’t spoil the extra details for you in case you’ll be reading the GameInformer article when it reaches your doorstep/email inbox.

You’ll be happy to know that even though People Can Fly has taken the reigns of development, the game will not be all that different from previous Gears of War games. One of the biggest changes mentioned in the article, is that the controls have been streamlined to a FPS style. The ‘Y’ button will be used to switch weapons and the left trigger will be used to throw grenades. Along with the controls being streamlined, the combat is returning back to where it started. Emergence Holes will spring up out of the ground, unleashing Locust hordes and can be closed by chucking a grenade inside. The AI will also be a heck of a lot smarter this time around as well, they will recognize your movements, positions and the difficulty level will not only increase enemy health, but change the amount of Locust that will take part in each battle.

Our source hasn’t released the full article yet, but part two will be coming tomorrow and we’ll be sure to report on it. Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest details for Gears of War: Judgement. Keep in mind, we did not report on everything from the GameInformer article, there’s still plenty of stuff for you to read as they had a hands-on impression of the game. Be sure to check it out when it releases if your a subscriber.

http://www.onlysp.com/2012/06/02/gears-of-war-judgement-official-story-details-set-15-years-before-original-gears-of-war/