By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Versus XIII renamed Final Fantasy XV.

There is like %100 chance this fake, but i wouldn't be surprised if the game is renamed and made multi-platform.

Around the Network
DepthAlly said:
TruckOSaurus said:
It's fake since an Action RPG has no place as a main Final Fantasy game. If they renamed it (and they should Versus XIII sounds awful) they'd go with Final Fantasy __insert word here___ like with Chronicles or Tactics.

Yes this is clearly fake, but as for your "Action RPG has no place as a main Final Fantasy game" statement, I would like to bring up that Kitase has stated that there is a possibility of future FF entries (main entries) being action-RPGs, so I'd brace yourself if I were you.

Then it's horrible news.

Signature goes here!

Seems pretty real and probable actually. Maybe they wanted to wait for the 25th Anniversary...?

No, never mind, that seems like too much of an easy excuse.

Posters should learn to read the posts of their fellow members before posting. It goes a long way to preventing the dreaded face palm. With just a few minutes reading many of you could have kept yourselves from looking foolish. Someone already posted that the person who uploaded the video has confirmed that it wasn't genuine. It was part of some kind of class project. If that isn't incentive enough for some of you. Then how about some courtesy for those that are contributing. They took time to post. How much would it kill you exactly to take a few seconds to read their thoughts.

The only thought of substance that I have to contribute to this discussion is this. Square should just discard this whole convoluted naming scheme they are using for their games. Not only is it confusing for consumers, but it is also grammatically speaking atrocious. Things like mixing Roman numerals, and Arabic numerals is actually pretty ludicrous as is including a word like versus in the title. Which implies a opposition between two things.

Someone at Square needs to review the system as a whole, because names that look ugly are likely to drive away potential new customers. First impressions matter, and the very first impression is the name. Be honest guys how many of you would say go see a movie named Twisted Aether XIII-2. I bet if you knew nothing about this series, or this movie that title would intimidate you at the very least, and seem totally absurd at the most.

Square should just go with proper names for games in this series. The numbers are just redundant, and in most cases counter productive at this point.

(Also, I think I've seen this Room and Camera setup before... maybe these Mr.BlurryCams are starting to blur together or this is really is just a whole setup, and a pretty well done one...) (The guy above me confirmes this as does the uploader, obviously.)