By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Versus XIII renamed Final Fantasy XV.

cusman said:

So long as it is a good game... I will get it and most likely on Wii U if that means HUDLESS display for game on the big screen. I really hope all damage is communicated visually through graphics instead of numbers popping over character heads.

This would make the game a lot more seemeless espcially if the HUDless display means that you can also maniupulate menu's without stopping gameplay.

-- Nothing is nicer than seeing your PS3 on an HDTV through an HDMI cable for the first time.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
It's fake since an Action RPG has no place as a main Final Fantasy game. If they renamed it (and they should Versus XIII sounds awful) they'd go with Final Fantasy __insert word here___ like with Chronicles or Tactics.

This. I get why people think it should be renamed but I don't think it should be renamed to FF XV, no matter how great of a game Versus XIII turns out to be.

TruckOSaurus said:
It's fake since an Action RPG has no place as a main Final Fantasy game. If they renamed it (and they should Versus XIII sounds awful) they'd go with Final Fantasy __insert word here___ like with Chronicles or Tactics.

Yes this is clearly fake, but as for your "Action RPG has no place as a main Final Fantasy game" statement, I would like to bring up that Kitase has stated that there is a possibility of future FF entries (main entries) being action-RPGs, so I'd brace yourself if I were you.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

TheKoreanGuy said:
TruckOSaurus said:

This. I get why people think it should be renamed but I don't think it should be renamed to FF XV, no matter how great of a game Versus XIII turns out to be.

@both

Those are bad analogies. FFXI and FFXIV are both main Final Fantasy games. Isn't FFXIII and XIII-2 action oriented as well?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
TruckOSaurus said:

@both

Those are bad analogies. FFXI and FFXIV are both main Final Fantasy games. Isn't FFXIII and XIII-2 action oriented as well?

Yes, but XIII and XIII-2 still have a turn based element to them, despite being more action oriented than previous games, same with XII. Versus XIII clearly plays more like a spinoff with that Final Fantasy name tacked on to it. Same with Chronicles and Tactics. They are like spinoffs since they carry the Final Fantasy name but the gameplay is much different, so they aren't bad examples. No one considers the mmo's as part of the main series. No one will say they haven't played all the main Final Fantasy games because they haven't played XI or XIV.

Around the Network
TheKoreanGuy said:
deskpro2k3 said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
TruckOSaurus said:

@both

Yes, but XIII and XIII-2 still have a turn based element to them, despite being more action oriented than previous games, same with XII. Versus XIII clearly plays more like a spinoff with that Final Fantasy name tacked on to it. Same with Chronicles and Tactics. They are like spinoffs since they carry the Final Fantasy name but the gameplay is much different, so they aren't bad examples. No one considers the mmo's as part of the main series. No one will say they haven't played all the main Final Fantasy games because they haven't played XI or XIV.

But they are main series. Regardless of it being turn base or not, they're also numbered, and is gearing towards a more action oriented style.

deskpro2k3 said:

But they are main series. Regardless of it being turn base or not, they're also numbered, and is gearing towards a more action oriented style.

You're missing the point. I'm not saying they can't. I'm saying they shouldn't. Same with FF XI and XIV.

TheKoreanGuy said:
deskpro2k3 said:

You're missing the point. I'm not saying they can't. I'm saying they shouldn't. Same with FF XI and XIV.

I'm saying they can. Thanks for your input.

deskpro2k3 said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I'm saying they can. Thanks for your input.

@bold can't tell if sarcastic or not lol

Well then, you replied to me and TruckOSaurus for the wrong reasons. And if SE is going to make future main Final Fantasys more and more action oriented, then I would argue that they are going in the wrong direction. This is why I think they shouldn't name it as XV and give a more familiar Final Fantasy title that name instead. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely hyped about Versus XIII and I am waiting for a proper announcement and release date already.

This is definitely fake lol

Its all old footage, the room and the people in seem suspect, as does their reactions. Clearly staged in someones college.