By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Sony E3 Press Conference 2012 - Beyond, PASBR characters, exclusive call of duty vita, Acreed vita bundle, GOW!, much more - Discuss

My body is fucking ready

Around the Network

where did this cloud gaming hype come from?
i hate the idea of cloud gaming so i really hope not

what time is this in the UK again?

PlaystaionGamer said:

As long as its just another option to choose from and not something imposed I don't see the problem.

Rafux said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

As long as its just another option to choose from and not something imposed I don't see the problem.

True

Around the Network

-Little Big Planet Vita release date
-PS3 price drop
-PSVita packs ,no price drop
-3 or 4 new IP for PSVita
-Soul Sacrifice announced for USA and Europe
-Announcement of Gran turismo,LBP Karting and All-Stars Battle Royale for PSVita
-The Last Of Us demo
-Guerrilla games,Quantic Dream,Media Molicule new project
-Killzone Vita and Call of dutty videos

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Shinobi-san said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
I'm starting to think that PS4 won't be announced, contrary to what I thought in a beginning.

Cloud gaming in PS3 will be announced, I believe the rumours.

Have the same feeling. While i understand the decision to not reveal ps4 at this years E3 i think its a missed opportunity.

Given the lacklustre hype surrounding the Wii U and the possibility of MS not showing off 720...this would be a perfect opportunity for Sony to steal the show with something big, something new, something fresh. At the very least it would give sony the limelight for a few months.

Also taking into account sonys new concentration on gaming as well as their overall standing as a company, sony really shouldnt be settling for mediocrity, but i feel thats exactly what they gonna do. A few nice surprises, some cool trailers, support for VITA etc. but nothing really major.

They need to come out guns blazing they cant afford to rest on their laurels, and just go with the flow like they have done this gen.

I truly believe its make or break for Sony with the PS4, and this years E3 and next are the major showcases to start the ball rolling. Heres hoping they meet the challenge

Thinking about it more I think it'll be a bad idea to announce the PS4. The PS3 is finally starting to show it's legs and selling ahead of the competition, announcing the PS4 would hurt those sales, people would wait knowing a release could be within a year away and not buy a PS3. Sony still has many good years with the PS3. I think what VGKing predicted would be perfect for Sony now, an official Slim PS3, that would be huge at this point in the game, it'll be the kick the PS3 needs along with a price cut to really sore ahead of it's competition.

It makes sense, the PS4 will probably be sold at a loss, they need profit now not more losses. Also they just came out with the Vita and it's suffering, the Vita needs serious support or even a price cut. If Sony cuts the price of the Vita then sells it at a loss and then they release a PS4 which sells at a loss would be PAINFUL for Sony.

So ride the PS3 for another year, then announce the PS4 maybe E3 2013. Get your footing with the PSVita then focus on the PS4, Sony multitasks between consoles to much and they need to focus more on one from time to time.

PlaystaionGamer said:

I believe it begins at 2am.

TrevDaRev said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

I believe it begins at 2am.

and that is why i have booked the next day off work. im slightly annoyed that they have done this... im a bodybuilder and its important at the moment to get good sleep.. why doesnt sony care about me! :( 

This is going to be an exciting E3 guys, can't wait for it to start!