By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - What do you consider a thread,with great content?

This thread is inspired bye the xxain thread. I see people complain about the lack of quality threads and the lack of great content and smart discussions about gaming. I'm mean,it's all so subjective,so I don't know what consistent of great content. I personally like any first impressions threads and the top/best/worst threads,but other's don't. I also tried to make some retro threads in the past,but those were complete flops.I don't make a whole lot of threads,but when I do I try to make threads that are of interest to me and just hope other's like them 2. I personally don't see the problem with these threads,but other's do. I'm serious about this question,What do you consider a thread,with great content?

Around the Network

This and this

A thread that appeals to it's targeted demographic and achieves it's purpose.

Hmm, there are lots of great threads. D21lewis' Dragons Dogma thread is a recent example of a 'great thread' in my opinion. It's nice to see people actually talk about gaming & discussing their first impressions of the game. There should be more threads like this.

A recent example of a 'shit thread' would be MDJ's official Halo 4 thread. Lots of interesting Halo 4 news has been coming out recently that nsanity has been posting & MDJ hasnt been online to update the thread title to let people know that new news has even been released, so a bunch of people are missing out on discussing it. The content is there, but the management of the thread sucks ass.

IMO, a great thread would be a thread that really ignites discussion about something. This thread that recently died is an example. The topic is something that some people would disagree with, an some may agree with. The news reports aren't bad, but they can get tedious and boring.

The official threads can go either way. 

The forum games that clutter the off topic forums aren't good threads because there isn't any actual discussiongoing on. I like posting in those threads, but when I log on and see nothing but those threads, it can get irritating. 

Around the Network

Any thread I post in.

Aside from that, I like threads with discussions that aren't 2-3 people arguing with each other or ones that tell me something new.

i like the threads that make me feel happy. i like when i can l learn something or when i can teach something. that's why i joined the chartz

KylieDog said:
A thread that discusses a game or gameplay. Actual news.

Not a game of any kind. No 'best/worst' crap either.

its not crap!

I'm a fan of this particular thread

TadpoleJackson said:

I'm a fan of this particular thread

LOL! I can't believe you didn't like that video!