By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Developers of the Generation?

Tagged games:

Best developer of this generation according to you?

Nintendo EAD 71 26.89%

Naughty Dog 86 32.58%

Blizzard 9 3.41%

Valve 23 8.71%

Sony Santa Monica 31 11.74%

Bungie 11 4.17%

Rockstar 11 4.17%

Another Sony studio 1 0.38%

Another Nintendo studio 3 1.14%

Other (please clarify) 18 6.82%

Total:264
pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Valve doesn't get enough credit imo, they should be up there with Ninty and Ndog

This. You know there are far too few PC gamers here when Valve only has 12 votes out of 192

I actually don´t like their games because they are games from the First Person view. Didnt like Portal at all btw.

Well Dota 2 is not First person

I hate DOTA or League of Legends

Why would you hate such a thing? :O

Release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me.

This here will sound rude, but I mostly dislike the userbase of such games. Don´t get me wrong I have a very good friend who play DOTA or LOL I am not sure, and he is really cool. But I just hate geeks I suppose.

Around the Network

1. Easily Bethesda for Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas Worlds that sucked me in. Alos published Rage which is not in house, but it is a fun time.

2. Rockstar for GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne. Rockstar tries to make games not for kids. They seem unable to make a bad game even though I skipped L.A. Noir.

3. Bioware Mass Effect 2 alone gets this game on the list, but they also made 2 other greats in the series.

4. Naughty Dog They make the most polished games this Gen in the uncharted series.

Edit: 5. Ea's Visceral Games for Dead Space 1 and 2 Masters of terror this gen.

6. Rocksteady The Batman games arkham Asylum and prison make this studio the newest to the list of badass developers.

7. Valve The Orange Box, Left 4 dead series and Portal 2 are all winners.

Publisher/developer that lost me this gen Square Enix, The RPGs are just too feminine. I want games with sweet characters like in FF 7 were they were not all girly.

chocoloco said:

1. Easily Bethesda for Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas Worlds that sucked me in. Alos published Rage which is not in house, but it is a fun time.

2. Rockstar for GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne. Rockstar tries to make games not for kids. They seem unable to make a bad game even though I skipped L.A. Noir.

3. Bioware Mass Effect 2 alone gets this game on the list, but they also made 2 other greats in the series.

4. Naughty Dog They make the most polished games this Gen in the uncharted series.

5. Rocksteady The Batman games arkham Asylum and prison make this studio the newest to the list of badass developers.

Publisher/developer that lost me this gen Square Enix, The RPGs are just too feminine. I want games with sweet characters like in FF 7 were they were not all girly.

Dragon Age: Origins is pretty cool as well. Not as good as Mass Effect 2 or 3 but almost as good as the first one.

Altough the Batman games are some of my favourite games of this generation, I still wouldnt call Rocksteady some of the greatest developers. They need more great franchises to proove that they not just a one hit wonder.

AndrewWK said:
chocoloco said:

5. Rocksteady The Batman games arkham Asylum and prison make this studio the newest to the list of badass developers.

Dragon Age: Origins is pretty cool as well. Not as good as Mass Effect 2 or 3 but almost as good as the first one.

Altough the Batman games are some of my favourite games of this generation, I still wouldnt call Rocksteady some of the greatest developers. They need more great franchises to proove that they not just a one hit wonder.

I watched my step bro play much of the first dragon age and the story looked good. But when I played it I could not get into the gameplay it was easy. I also could not stand the piss poor graphics. Still, many love it. Dragon age 2 seemed like it played itself on the demos so I did not give it a chance. Still looks good if you get into the atmosphere.

Well, I choose rocksteady because the batman games were so original and have so much variety. Pezus wanted the best developers of this gen only so I love them now. I did not choose my developers for their work outside this gen.

Valve are definitely first. An amazing list of games this gen.

After that I'd say Bioware and Bethesda have both produced some top quality RPGs. Dragon Age Origins and the Mass Effect series were superb whilst no-one makes open world RPGs quite like Bethesda. CD Projekt deserve a mention for breaking into the core RPG scene with the two Witcher games.

A quick mention also to Eidos Montreal. They took on a difficult franchise and managed to release an amazing game that was very true to the series whilst modernizing it. Not an easy feat, especially considering it's single-player only.

Around the Network

*Votes for ND*
*Looks @poll*

Naughty dog in position baby

Valva should have way more points! This site is seriously crazy!

pezus said:
Rudisha said:
Valva should have way more points! This site is seriously crazy!

Indeed. I have like 3 of the 20 Valve votes lol!

wow the poll restarts. i vote for valve 2 time haha!!!!!!!!!!!!

U can vote more than once?
i cant, why is that?

DieAppleDie said:
U can vote more than once?
i cant, why is that?

you have to wait awhile i think