By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dragon's Dogma Discussion Thread

Tagged games:

Is Dragon's Dogma the Best Game, Ever?

Hell yeah! 17 62.96%

Fuck yeah! 10 37.04%

Total:27
d21lewis said:
Goddam! Slimebeast's pawn has a phat ass!!

he likes them chunky

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:
haha,funny stuff,

how do you take screen shots again,is it within game,what do you mean with a thumb drive please spell it out for me as i have never understood how you get screen shots from my ps3 games, unless its within the game

Yeah, you take pictures in-game through the pause menu.

Hahaha badgenome, those were amazing screen caps. I don't get how you manage to get her thrown in front of the camera so perfectly.

I wonder if she really lived through that pool of blood. It seems the mage is only readying the spell after she's already dead.

zuvuyeay said:
d21lewis said:

he likes them chunky

That's not chunky.

I would have made her one size even rounder around the rear but I didn't want to risk alienating the Japanese player base.

Slimebeast said:
zuvuyeay said:
d21lewis said:

he likes them chunky

That's not chunky.

I would have made her one size even rounder around the rear but I didn't want to risk alienating the Japanese player base.

lol,she isn't really,maybe stocky and firm,i'd have to hire to know for sure,lewis called it

one of my favourite things is making avs,i enjoyed making it even though i doubt you had the full works to use in the demo

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:
haha,funny stuff,

how do you take screen shots again,is it within game,what do you mean with a thumb drive please spell it out for me as i have never understood how you get screen shots from my ps3 games, unless its within the game

those dragon's dogma screenies get uploaded to facebook so you paste the link from there

Slimebeast said:
Hahaha badgenome, those were amazing screen caps. I don't get how you manage to get her thrown in front of the camera so perfectly.

I wonder if she really lived through that pool of blood. It seems the mage is only readying the spell after she's already dead.

She did live, I swear! Barely...

So on your suggestion D21 I have come to the DD thread.

My opinion? The best open world fantasy game I have ever played. I am honestly still a little in shock that it's an open world game that has such an incredibly fun, satisfying and deep combat system.

I have always found games like Skyrim mind numbingly boring because you are given this big huge interesting world but it's no fun to play in. Combat has no 'weight' or skill, it feels like you aren't hitting anything etc. It feels closer to an old mmo style of just click click click.

The fact that big monsters in DD actually feel like big monsters is great. Climbing on a cockatrice as it starts to fly and bringing it to ground simply never gets old.

Not only this but it manages to have boss fights that feel like they are taken from an action game. The 'Final battle'? The fact something that well done is in an open world game is incredible.

The one downside? Don't tease me with just one portcrystal in my first game Capcom. When I have 95% of the map explored and am strong enough that none of the normal enemies offer a challenge I should get at least 4 portcrystals instead of 1. That way I could place one outside cassardis, the shadow fort, the great wall and blue moon tower. I don't want to walk from GS to bluemoon tower again - Goblins, snow harpies, dire wolves, snow harpies, cyclops/griffin or neither, 4 strider bandits, snow harpies, group of bandits (mix of warrior, mage, strider and fighter), golem and 2 snow harpies, spiders. In that order -_-

Other things - Pawn system is so in depth it is crazy. Before release I heard lots of people complaining. Now pretty much nothing but praise. The post game content is ridiculous in the amount of depth and challenge it offers. The difference in classes is fantastic, although the warrior should get 6 skills to make up for only one weapon.

For me it's probably game of the year so far...... 6/10 =p

EDIT: @ Piggychan. Yes it's in post game that the wyrm and wyvern appear. Wyrm in watergod's altar. Wyvern in bluemoon tower. Also they can be placed about the map I believe. I have fought a drake on the plains of Gran Soren near that little pool of water with harpies. The wyvern on conquest road by harpies. never saw the wyrm in the open world though. Although did find one in the everfall. 

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Zim said:

So on your suggestion D21 I have come to the DD thread.

My opinion? The best open world fantasy game I have ever played. I am honestly still a little in shock that it's an open world game that has such an incredibly fun, satisfying and deep combat system.

I have always found games like Skyrim mind numbingly boring because you are given this big huge interesting world but it's no fun to play in. Combat has no 'weight' or skill, it feels like you aren't hitting anything etc. It feels closer to an old mmo style of just click click click.

The fact that big monsters in DD actually feel like big monsters is great. Climbing on a cockatrice as it starts to fly and bringing it to ground simply never gets old.

Not only this but it manages to have boss fights that feel like they are taken from an action game. The 'Final battle'? The fact something that well done is in an open world game is incredible.

The one downside? Don't tease me with just one portcrystal in my first game Capcom. When I have 95% of the map explored and am strong enough that none of the normal enemies offer a challenge I should get at least 4 portcrystals instead of 1. That way I could place one outside cassardis, the shadow fort, the great wall and blue moon tower. I don't want to walk from GS to bluemoon tower again - Goblins, snow harpies, dire wolves, snow harpies, cyclops/griffin or neither, 4 strider bandits, snow harpies, group of bandits (mix of warrior, mage, strider and fighter), golem and 2 snow harpies, spiders. In that order -_-

Other things - Pawn system is so in depth it is crazy. Before release I heard lots of people complaining. Now pretty much nothing but praise. The post game content is ridiculous in the amount of depth and challenge it offers. The difference in classes is fantastic, although the warrior should get 6 skills to make up for only one weapon.

For me it's probably game of the year so far...... 6/10 =p

EDIT: @ Piggychan. Yes it's in post game that the wyrm and wyvern appear. Wyrm in watergod's altar. Wyvern in bluemoon tower. Also they can be placed about the map I believe. I have fought a drake on the plains of Gran Soren near that little pool of water with harpies. The wyvern on conquest road by harpies. never saw the wyrm in the open world though. Although did find one in the everfall. 

I want to have your children.

d21lewis said:

I want to have your children.

Lol!

I will actually say that I think the lack of a fast travel system is in some ways even good as well. It creates situations where you are forced to travel at night when unprepared. One of my favourite moments in the game was coming back from the women bandit's camp at night. Thinking I had killed everything along the way. Then enter the woods and BOOM chimera comes out of the darkness. I panicked like a small child lol.

I simply feel that when you get that portcrystal you should get 4. It would still mean you have to travel but just make it shorter journeys. And by that point you know the map well enough that there aren't really any surprises. 

Also not sure if you realised it yet but the reason you got Selene was because you maxed affinity with her/paid her the most attention. 

So for example I got Madeline. Which is great because  in my house I had Selene (who always appears) and Madeleine! Goth lolita and busty blonde! Making potions for me and selling me rare items! I actually felt sad starting NG+ and leaving them behind ;-;

Also the reason you sometimes put enemies in a full nelson type hold instead of grabbing them is because they are still too strong/not stunned. Npcs always go over your shoulder. Wounded/stunned human sized enemies go over your shoulder. Still fighting enemies get that hold where you can finish them. 

Also by the by if fighting the online Ur-Dragon and you die it gains 100% of your hp to it's server side Hp. Running away gives it 125% of your hp. Using a wakestone 75% etc. 

Oh also one of my favourite moments? Walking around Gran Soren and all of a sudden there was a pawn named Cortana with blue skin, hair etc. Lol.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.