By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 2012 Conference - E3 is Dead. Long Live Nintendo Direct!

"E3 is dead"

I've been saying this for like 4 years, and people keep yelling at me about it =)

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
"E3 is dead"

I've been saying this for like 4 years, and people keep yelling at me about it =)

I hope you don't get in trouble for bumping this ancient thread.

Boy, the site was hopping in 2012. Over 3300 posts in a single thread in a little over 2 weeks.

#Donkeystyle

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Jumpin said:
"E3 is dead"

Boy, the site was hopping in 2012. Over 3300 posts in a single thread in a little over 2 weeks.

#Donkeystyle

I always enjoy a good necro bump. Usually provides a good chuckle.

That being said, I do love the directs. The companies that announced games 1-2 years early, only to delay them another year or so are incomprehensible to me. I love Nintendo's pacing of announcing to releasing and sometimes they are shockingly close to each to other. 

Jumpin said:
"E3 is dead"

Dead in what way?

It's fast becoming the only event where Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Bethesda, EA, etc. have live conferences.

Furthermore, E3 2018 drew 69,200 attendees, the largest since 2005.

twintail said:
Jumpin said:
"E3 is dead"

The bump was unnecessary. 

And you're wrong. Like extremely .

Jumpin isn't going to elaborate, is he?

Around the Network

I thought it was sarcastic? I mean, E3 is even more important now for developers/publishers than it was a decade ago.

Megiddo said:
I thought it was sarcastic? I mean, E3 is even more important now for developers/publishers than it was a decade ago.

E3 has become more important. However, for Nintendo, it's still one of many presentations they plan for, in terms of planning announcements and all. As we have even before the Switch launched, Nintendo has not shown even most of their load for the respective year (or beyond) at E3 besides a couple of exceptions (i.e., Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon 2019). Heck, their 2017 Showcase was only 25 minutes and that seemed to have garnered a more positive reception. And whether we liked them or not, the E3 backlash (especially this year's presentation) hasn't fazed Nintendo and forced them to change their approach, especially since the Switch hasn't shown signs of significant decline in sales or momentum. In the following general directs post-E3 for the last two years, they have shown Animal Crossing 2019, various Final Fantasy games, DOOM 2016, Wolfenstein II, Nintendo Switch Online, Luigi's Mansion 3, Town, demo for Octopath Traveler, Arcade Archives,  Capcom Beat 'Em Ups, etc. Nintendo, apparently, will not change their method of announcing games, for now.

Even Sony did the same thing last year, in a sense. They had E3, Paris, Tokyo Games Show, and their own PlayStation Experience. Though the PlayStation Experience, weirdly, apparently didn't show much last year.

COKTOE said:
Jumpin said:
"E3 is dead"

#Donkeystyle

Oh crap! Didn’t notice. Somehow this post got auto sorted to the top of my list.

Replicant said:
Jumpin said:
"E3 is dead"

Dead in what way?

It's fast becoming the only event where Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Bethesda, EA, etc. have live conferences.

Furthermore, E3 2018 drew 69,200 attendees, the largest since 2005.

Gamescom drew 370,000 and had 31,000 from the industry. That dwarfs E3.

killeryoshis said:
The only thing about this e3 I care about is the announcement and trailer of the sequel to the best game ever pikmin 3. Nintendo best not disappoint me again. anyway one hype train ticket please XD

killeryoshis said:
I have my laptop,cellphone and tv with spike on while I sit on my sofa. I'm completely ready to watch it. Pikmin 3 show yourself!

T minus 15 minutes

Oh old naive me. How I wished the system wasn't so disappointing to me
Pikmin 3 was fun though. It didn't live up the hype though for me.  That is basically Wii U in a nutshell. It never lived up to the hype. Such a shame.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.