By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 2012 Conference - E3 is Dead. Long Live Nintendo Direct!

and im done :) 

Around the Network

So guys what was announced at the 3DS show?

Carl2291 said:
So guys what was announced at the 3DS show?

Nothing. It wasn't an announcement sort of event.

Thats disappointing really, expected at least something new.

It wasn't disappointing they showed well never shown games as Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Paper Mario Sticker Star.

And they announced that Kingdom Hearts 3D releases this 23 July and NSMB2 it's in the middle august.

Plus they announced and showed Alucard it's the 4th and last character in the Castlevania Mirror of Fate.

Plus they revelaed 3DS version of LEGO Batman 2 and a demo for it is out now.

Plus they said that in NSMB2 there's a 1 milion coins milestone that means sometime and show that you will have 2 player co-op.

Plus, and final, they reveal that Pokèdex 3D and AR Searcher will add more Pokèmons in 3DS even if Pokèmon Black Version 2/ White Version 2 are for DS and you can add them in the game only if you have a 3DS.

If you add WiiU Press Conference + 3DS Showcase means this: Nintendo has finally learned to show the games they announce, and that's a new good thing.

And Nintendo is also the only one having like 30 exclusives combining WiiU+3DS, i think that's not bad. ASD

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Around the Network

what the hell Nintendo? What happened this e3?! No surprises?! You could have pwned E3 this year - but noooooo.

They better up their game till next year!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I don't think E3 is seen as that big a deal...if it was surely all 3 companies would not have announced all their good shit elsewhere and created maximum fanboy hardon-ery (is that a real word?) by revealing it at E3.
Still, while my mind remains unblown, there's a few things out there I'm excited about.

Despite everything, i think that Nintendo did have a good conference - the best one - and what hurt it was basically two things: Lack of your usual 3rd party games and 3rd party games.
Starting with the 3rd parties, what i expected, and probably a lot of us, was the announcement of ports: BO 2m MoH, MGS Revengance, etc.
Honestly i think those will come; those games will be announced sooner or later. Maybe not all of them, though.
Maybe the rumors got us anticipating too much from 3rd parties!

But we still got Batman, Mass Effect 3, Darksiders, Ninja Gaiden 3, Lego City, Tekken, Zombi U, Rayman, AC 3.
And although some are already on the market, truth is, that`s great 3rd party support... and specially for the launch of a console!
If all these games come out during launch or soon after i think Wii U will have one of the best launches in terms of quality.

But what about 1st party games?
Well, in fact it was strange that they were absent, but i think that Nintendo is changing their strategy due to 3DS.
A comment from Reggie made me realize that what Nintendo wants now is to focus on launch - and the launch is great! - and that after that, Nintendo will release games - 1st party games - on a timely basis to build momentum to the next holiday.
My view is: focus on the now that more will come eventually. By not showing too much 1st party games, the 3rd party games do get players attention.

Personally i believe that in the coming months Nintendo will announce what will be in store for the after launch window, the Eshop, the account system, Nintendo network, etc..
Actually there is a rumor of a new Wii U conference before launch... who knows? I believe so!

yeah, this E3 was sucky, and we were not overhyped, not since we got WiiU last year and 3DS in 2010 with tons of software, OtherM/Galaxy 2 and more in 2009, we had every right to board the hype train for this year as well

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^