By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 2012 Conference - E3 is Dead. Long Live Nintendo Direct!

Metallicube said:

Well, it's a good thing Nintendo has another conference since their last was a disappointment. Maybe this will be the one that redeems their E3 showing. Too bad I don't plan on getting a 3DS any time soon, as I'm going to be spending enough money on Wii U + controllers + games. But who knows, if they blow me away with a bunch of AAA game announcements, I may change my mind!

E3 isn't about that, so much.

We'll get 3DS announcement throughout the year. TOnight we'll get very few.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Retro, however, is a better question. What in the hell is going on there?

Per Reggie, don't expect anything from Retro anytime soon.

sad.man.loves.vgc said:
noname2200 said:
radishhead said:
Are we expecting anything new to be announced at the 3DS conference, or just extra info on what we already know?

I'm personally expecting some localizations to be announced there.

*cracks knuckles*

How long is left till it starts?

As of this post, two and a half hours.

spurgeonryan said:

Like the Wii U conference, they should let the Wii have 3 minutes during this 3DS conference to announce Earth Seeker is being localized in America. Maybe Captain Rainbow as well, or whatever that game is called. That is all.

Pandora's Tower is probably the only "first party" game that could get localized for the Wii. Otherwise, the system's pretty much dead. Formally dead, I mean.

noname2200 said:
Mr Khan said:

Retro, however, is a better question. What in the hell is going on there?

Per Reggie, don't expect anything from Retro anytime soon.

As of this post, two and a half hours.

Pandora's Tower is probably the only "first party" game that could get localized for the Wii. Otherwise, the system's pretty much dead. Formally dead, I mean.

Now we'll need to define "soon." :/

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Nintendoland on 3DS in 3D yay!!

hopefully they will talk about it for about 30min and then talk about a new Mario game where you have to collect peaches instead of coins like the other Mario game!

oh I'm so happy!

NO I'M NOT!  >:C

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

RolStoppable said:
Today is the day of good news.

But honestly, it's like Nintendo made the Wii U presentation so bad in order to make the 3DS look like a fantastic system in comparison. Still though, I don't expect any new game announcements and a lot of filler. And I mean a lot.

All right, I'll agree we won't get any new game announcements

We will get some localization announcements, though, and some neat trailers

That'll be

Just

About

It

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

But honestly, it's like Nintendo made the Wii U presentation so bad in order to make the 3DS look like a fantastic system in comparison. Still though, I don't expect any new game announcements and a lot of filler. And I mean a lot.

We already know of enough goodies to fill in a full hour without having too much filler. But if this becomes strictly a first-party event, I expect plenty of filler. So that would leave:

NSMB2 (very interested), Paper Mario (very interested), Luigi's Mansion 2 (Pass!), Lego City Stories (meh), and Project X Zone (Haven't looked into it. Is Nintendo even publishing it?). They damned well better localize Fire Emblem, too. That'd be a decent conference, once you add in the Q & A.

Well at least we are setting the bar low now.

I'm just here to watch more about Paper Mario.

Maybe the localization of Layton 5... that would be neat!

noname2200 said:
RolStoppable said:

We already know of enough goodies to fill in a full hour without having too much filler. But if this becomes strictly a first-party event, I expect plenty of filler. So that would leave:

NSMB2 (very interested), Paper Mario (very interested), Luigi's Mansion 2 (Pass!), Lego City Stories (meh), and Project X Zone (Haven't looked into it. Is Nintendo even publishing it?). They damned well better localize Fire Emblem, too. That'd be a decent conference, once you add in the Q & A.

I think Nintendo is publishing it, since Monolith Software is co-developing the title.

It is 1 hour from now, right?