By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Global Survey Of Gamers Finds PS4 as most wanted next-gen console!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/05/17/global-survey-of-gamers-finds-nintendo-wii-u-lags-far-behind-sony-playstation-4-and-microsoft-durango/

When asked if they are considering buying the next-generation console,Sony’s PlayStation 4 and Microsoft’s Xbox 720/Durango are neck-in-neck (with 63% and 61% of votes respectively).

Nintendo’s Wii-U lags behind, with 40% of votes – just ahead of Valve’s rumored Steam Box, which took 34% of the vote (a new Apple console took 18% of the vote, while just 10% are interested in a unified cloud-based system).

One-third of gamers surveyed are willing to pay up to $400 for the Sony PS4 or Microsoft’s Xbox 720/Durango. 11% say they would pay even more than $400 for either console.  Just 3% would pay up to $400 for a Nintendo console.

Around the Network

Wasn't PS3 the most wanted "next-gen" console the last time around too? How'd that work out?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

BasilZero said:
NightDragon83 said:
Wasn't PS3 the most wanted "next-gen" console the last time around too? How'd that work out?

It didnt work out when people found out the huge price tag l0l

lol, my point exactly.  Not to mention the fact that Sony lost many of the exclusives they had during the previous generation like GTA and FF.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Next gen sure will be interesting.

LOL I'm sure in mid-2005 the PS3 was also most wanted... funny how that turned out.

Around the Network

I find it funny that people want Nintendo to compete in terms of power and graphics, but they are not willing to pay the same amount for a Nintendo console. Something doesn't add up here...

I am excited to see what all three of these new consoles brings. I will most likely be supporting Sony and Nintendo again.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

''Global Survey'' sounds better than ''IGN Survey''.

NightDragon83 said:

PS4 won't be $599.

PS3 was the most wanted this gen as well but the high price tag held it back.
There won't be anything holding the PS4 back. I'm sure they will price match the Xbox 720.

RolStoppable said:
Survey conducted by IGN, thus it's a heavily biased sample that has virtually no resemblance to the actual market.

Biased how? IGN reports on news for all consoles.
This survey shows that core gamers have more interested in PS4 than the other next-gen consoles.

IGN =/= the world.