By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Microsoft in Trouble in the Coming Years?

@Slimebeast

That makes a lot of sense, I can see this being an issue. I think that all three console manufacturers are making mistakes and I find it difficult to predict the outcome. From what I've seen of the Vita I don't think Sony understands the business and I doubt Nintendo can recapture the Wii's success. I think that Microsoft will move to capitalize on this as their user base has forgiven them for worse (RRoD). However, if Microsoft really has squandered their core support then the market is essentially left wide open for a company like Google or Apple to enter the market.

Around the Network

Every generation I can think of the most casual console won the generation, so no, MS is not in trouble. And they will bring more than enough core games to the market (Halo, Fable, Gears, and Forza won't die!) add new IPs like MS Vancouver's project and you get the idea.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

If Trials Evolution, The Witcher 2 and Halo 4 aren't core games, then I don't know what am I playing :) Bullshit is always bullshit :)

I don't feel the need for exclusive games that are poor in comparison to big multiplatform titles. That's why I will pass on every exclusive PS3 game until new God of War is on the market. That kind of exclusives I will buy.

donsterydo2 said:

If Trials Evolution, The Witcher 2 and Halo 4 aren't core games, then I don't know what am I playing :) Bullshit is always bullshit :)

I don't feel the need for exclusive games that are poor in comparison to big multiplatform titles. That's why I will pass on every exclusive PS3 game until new God of War is on the market. That kind of exclusives I will buy.

Generalisation is bad m'kay? I doubt you've played every ps3 exclusive to make such a statement.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
donsterydo2 said:

Generalisation is bad m'kay? I doubt you've played every ps3 exclusive to make such a statement.

Dude, I got a PS3 for about 2 years now with 12 exclusive PS3 games in my library. I won't buy exclusive games on PS3 only because they are exclusives when multiplatform games give me a better run for my money.

Around the Network
donsterydo2 said:
Ajescent said:
donsterydo2 said:

Dude, I got a PS3 for about 2 years now with 12 exclusive PS3 games in my library. I won't buy exclusive games on PS3 only because they are exclusives when multiplatform games give me a better run for my money.

The ps3 has more than 12 exclusives...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I put it simple. I won't buy Twisted Metal if get to play The Witcher 2. I won't buy Starhawk when I can buy Max Payne 3. I don't have an infinite amout of money so I buy the best games for me and this year they're not PS3 exclusives. If Microsoft were to release Crackdown 3 I wouldn't give a damn either.

Like it or not, the XBox 360 is pretty much the defacto "hardcore" platform now.

All the big third party hardcore games like Call of Duty and Madden NFL and Skyrim all sell the best on the 360. And it still is getting some games the PS3 is not, like Witcher 2.

On top of that both Halo and Gears of War are bigger than any hardcore franchise either Sony or Nintendo have. They just released a new Gears last fall and now have a new Halo this fall. 

MS is simply expanding the appeal of the XBox brand to a wider demographic, but make no mistake the core bread and butter is still hardcore games. Look at any NPD, even something like prototype 2 on the 360 outsold Kinect Star Wars.

This is not like Nintendo with the Wii, where Nintendo had no third parties to fall back on. The 360 is going to get every AAA third party game whether its BioShock Infinite or Crysis 3 or Black Ops 2. MS knows this. There's no point in cannibalizing third party sales.