By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Max Payne 3 Reviews Thread

Tagged games:

Giving Halo anything above 90 will be bought scores.
It will be just the same stuff we see with every game - Exactly like every CoD that doesn't deserve anything over 80 anymore cause of that outdated engine and copy+paste environment.

Games like The Last of Us,Diablo 3 and the PC Version of Max Payne 3(and maybe GTA5) deserve 90+
We don't have games like that in that dimension and quality every DAMN YEAR(of the same Franchise) and of course they aren't just copy paste shooters.



Around the Network

Gamepro gave it 92/100
http://www.gamepro.de/playstation/spiele/ps3/max-payne-3/wertung/44753.html



AndrewWK said:
Millenium said:
Aldro said:
mantlepiecek said:
AndrewWK said:
the only two 90+ games are Mass Effect 3 and Journey so far quite a slow year.

Trials evolution and Fez are also 90 +

Fez aint

Trials is


(If we're basing it off of meta ofcourse ^^)

 

ME3 with 93
Journey with 92
Trials with 91

 

Safe to say that ME3 is the only REAL contender atm... and as far as we KNOW for sure: I think only Halo 4 really has a chance? The rest are mostly just guesses of release dates. And basing it off of history (eg Assassins creed series) it's not exactly 90+.

Assassin's Creed 3 could be the first to do a 92-93 score if they really handle it well I reckon. Besides that I don't see anything except for Halo 4 that's really gonna take a shot at beating ME3 this year at the moment. Maybe if GTA5 releases it could have a shot.

Altough I would love to see Mass Effect taking the GOTY awards again you shouldnt count Resident Evil 6 out. But it looks more and more like very slow year.

I'd toss The last of us in here but I don't believe in a 2012 launch :P.

Last year was the biggest year in this gen seriously (when speaking acclaim etc). Its only natural that the next year is a tad slower. I still had a bit higher expectations for 2012 though I admit.



Aldro said:
AndrewWK said:
Millenium said:
Aldro said:
mantlepiecek said:
AndrewWK said:
the only two 90+ games are Mass Effect 3 and Journey so far quite a slow year.

Trials evolution and Fez are also 90 +

Fez aint

Trials is


(If we're basing it off of meta ofcourse ^^)

 

ME3 with 93
Journey with 92
Trials with 91

 

Safe to say that ME3 is the only REAL contender atm... and as far as we KNOW for sure: I think only Halo 4 really has a chance? The rest are mostly just guesses of release dates. And basing it off of history (eg Assassins creed series) it's not exactly 90+.

Assassin's Creed 3 could be the first to do a 92-93 score if they really handle it well I reckon. Besides that I don't see anything except for Halo 4 that's really gonna take a shot at beating ME3 this year at the moment. Maybe if GTA5 releases it could have a shot.

Altough I would love to see Mass Effect taking the GOTY awards again you shouldnt count Resident Evil 6 out. But it looks more and more like very slow year.

I'd toss The last of us in here but I don't believe in a 2012 launch :P.

Last year was the biggest year in this gen seriously (when speaking acclaim etc). Its only natural that the next year is a tad slower. I still had a bit higher expectations for 2012 though I admit.

I expected Starhawk Binary Domain Twisted Metal and Asuras Wrath to score much higher.



Very good reviews so far! I still stand by the fact they're soooo stupid for launching this game the same day as Diablo III.



Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Game trailers= 7.6/10

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-max-payne-3/730060

really?? troll review?




Aldro said:
Wow okay. I didn't expect this. I seriously thought MP3 would be like.. GOTY lol.

With Bioshock delayed, it should be between... Halo 4 vs Mass effect 3 (unless we get GTAV this year). Bummer!

Don't forget about The Last of US (which supposedly is coming out this year) and ACIII has a small chance as well. 

 

Anyways MP3 is getting about the metacritic score I thought it would. Its at a 88 right now and I'm sure it will settle around 85 or so.



Great game as expected



bertlsenix said:

Giving Halo anything above 90 will be bought scores.
It will be just the same stuff we see with every game - Exactly like every CoD that doesn't deserve anything over 80 anymore cause of that outdated engine and copy+paste environment.

Games like The Last of Us,Diablo 3 and the PC Version of Max Payne 3(and maybe GTA5) deserve 90+
We don't have games like that in that dimension and quality every DAMN YEAR(of the same Franchise) and of course they aren't just copy paste shooters.

Why do you even care then ?
Have you seen The Last of Us or Halo 4 single player gameplay ? Has the PC version of MP3 better gameplay ?
Quite hilarious post really.



Aldro said:
Wow okay. I didn't expect this. I seriously thought MP3 would be like.. GOTY lol.

With Bioshock delayed, it should be between... Halo 4 vs Mass effect 3 (unless we get GTAV this year). Bummer!

Forgetting Diablo 3 are we?