By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sales Estimate : Halo Wars

2 million

Why ?
Halo and 360

Around the Network

it has halo in the name, but it will be the game that will kill the halo series.

2 million LT sales.

mM

1 to 2 Million (2 to 3 if it reviews really well).

I say about 3 million life time.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

tokilamockingbrd said:
I am going to call a flop here- 750k... max

But Command & Conquer 3 did half a million on the 360 alone...

Yeah, that makes sense. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
leo-j said:
it has halo in the name, but it will be the game that will kill the halo series.

2 million LT sales.

Yeah, those fellas at Ensemble are always letting us down, especially in the RTS genre.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Ensemble just keep remaking the exact same game.

Halo Wars will just be Age of Empires with Spartans and Warthogs.

It should do at least 1-2m based on name and probably get respectable reviews (after all, AoE3 got good reviews despite rehashing the same tired formula we've been seeing for 15 years).

Ok.. maybe the 750k was low.... but it will be a flop, if defined by it won't do as well as MS thinks it will. Some 14 year da is gonna buy it thinking it is actually a Halo game, and be PO'ed... bad word of mouth. HOWEVER, if it turns out to be a really fun/good game, it will do well. I guess I am expecting a cashin off the Halo name with a decent game behind it.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

1-3 million , it all depends on the hype it gest , though Im not seeing it reaching 3 million in its first year . It will not have a big impact on the 360 sales as H3 had , and it wont even be a sistem seller , seeing how much H3 ,,helped" in hardware sales afther the launch ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Jees... Halo wars looks very bad for a strategy game. Graphics look nice but its slow, very slow. Consoles just dont do these games.
Hopefully the game will be great, but anyone worth their salt will buy this for the pc if its coming out or give it a wide berth. i expect it to reach 1- 1.5 mill lifetime slowly. Halo name will be what sells it. Is there a PC version scheduled anyone?

Ynwa.