By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much will the Wii franchise sell?

100 mln

Around the Network

100 million what? Of the Wii franchise, or the Wii console?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

It has sold 5M in two months now. Anybody want to come with some new predictions?

Oyvoyvoyv said:
A problem here, is that everybody assumes the Wii will sell 150 M. At the rate of 2007, it will have to go on for 11 years...

and why would it only go at the rate of 2007?

they will be selling 20-25mil in 2008 alone, which is more than 2006/2007 combined...and 2009 will sell even more as they'll have higher production average next year than this

look at ps2's 2nd year sales and see how long that woulda taken to hit 120mil

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

likely scenario for wii:

2012/2013 comes out wii2, fully backwards compatible with wii

wiis continue to sell for another 5 years or so at lower levels as they have a HUGE library by 2012 and companies will still make some games for it for a long while (see ps2)

many of the non-gamers that bought the wii will not even care about upgrading to wii2 for the next 10 years, so there will still be a huge base of customers for making casual games, so the software won't dry up either

wii2 will get the focus of the more hardcore games as well as games that take advantage of its new features, whatever those may be

wii2 will have more wii ___ franchises, and the wii ____ franchise will end up being the #1 of all time, surpassing the mario franchise

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network

wii franchise on the wii console will seal near 150mln copies, if there will be wii 2(and of course wii games on it) wii series will hit probably more than 300mln copies worldwide(people would probably still buying wii sports and other games for the first wii after wii 2 premiere if nintendo would make them as a cheap titles for about 20-30$)

@Fastrabbit

Generally, gaming machines sell a total of about the first year * number of years.

I wrote this thread 2 and a half months ago, and I didn't know how big the supply issue was, so I agree with you there.

If you had read further, you would have seen that I actually agreed with what you said, and actually said that it would sell more than 150M. I did the same as you, and wrote a "likely to happen thingy" and said 134M without holiday sales.

Sorry if it wasn't clear, but I had already agreed with that. My mistake.

heres the thing the wii lifetime sales wil proably cap around.........50-60 mil

that should be in 2-3 years from now

at that time nintendo will be gearing up to release a wii 2

this machine will go on and phase out eh will to have sales of around 80-90 mil

mesoteto said:
heres the thing the wii lifetime sales wil proably cap around.........50-60 mil

this machine will go on and phase out eh will to have sales of around 80-90 mil

are u being serious here?

Predictions:

Fastrabbit09 said:
mesoteto said:
heres the thing the wii lifetime sales wil proably cap around.........70-80 mil

this machine will go on and phase out theoriginal and will have sales of around 85-95 mil

are u being serious here?

yeah i re thought my numbers and think this is how it will work