By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Manchester has a title at last!!!!!!!!!!!

kowenicki said:
mike_intellivision said:
Lafiel said:
all your football is all belong to oil

Actually, Man U is owned by an American billionaire who made his money in food processing industries.

and runs the club with £500m of debt... and thats fair!?

to be fair: The 500 million debt results from the money he paid for the club. That is the irony: He buys ManU with XXX million and these millions are now the debt of ManU.

anyway: It is about time that financial fair play is coming. A club like Dortmund that is actually making money is struggling to keep their players, because other clubs that are losing money want to buy them. And the German league has a very strict policy when it comes to the financials. The English, Spanish and Italian leagues are pretty much broke without any chances to get the money back.

*edit* the article you linked seems unlikely. Lewandowski and Hummels will stay in Dortmund. Kagawa will leave, but the whole premier league seems to be after him. Arsenal, chelsea, ManU and Liverpool are the ones I heard rumors about.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
kennyrester said:
highwaystar101 said:
kennyrester said:
highwaystar101 said:
And in unrelated news, it looks like Alex McLeish has been sacked (according to Goal.com). Thoughts?

Great! I can't stand him and Villa have been appalling this season from what I've seen. You must be thrilled.

I really have tried to support him this season, when people had a go at him I tried to counter them with some positives. But after a while I just couldn't defend him any more because there was very little left to defend.

I'm probably happier that he has gone, but Aston Villa's problems run far deeper than McLeish.

Yeah I know there were injuries, financial problems etc. but God, the negativity of the man. Lambert seems to be an early favourite to take over, how would you feel about that?

To be honest, outside of the couple of Norwich games I've seen this season, I don't know much about him. Right now, he strikes me as similar to Chris Hughton, in that he would be an unknown quantity for a premier league club. He's guided Norwich to 12th and that's good, but is there any indication he could do the same at a club like Villa? I don't know.

I would go for Tony Pulis or Roberto Martinez, maybe even Mark Hughes or Stuart Pearce.

And who knows, maybe Andre Villas-Boas might see the humour in managing a team that shares his name and come to manage us (why do you think Arsene Wenger is at Arsenal?). I doubt that will happen though.

DirtyP2002 said:
kowenicki said:
mike_intellivision said:

Actually, Man U is owned by an American billionaire who made his money in food processing industries.

and runs the club with £500m of debt... and thats fair!?

to be fair: The 500 million debt results from the money he paid for the club. That is the irony: He buys ManU with XXX million and these millions are now the debt of ManU.

anyway: It is about time that financial fair play is coming. A club like Dortmund that is actually making money is struggling to keep their players, because other clubs that are losing money want to buy them. And the German league has a very strict policy when it comes to the financials. The English, Spanish and Italian leagues are pretty much broke without any chances to get the money back.

*edit* the article you linked seems unlikely. Lewandowski and Hummels will stay in Dortmund. Kagawa will leave, but the whole premier league seems to be after him. Arsenal, chelsea, ManU and Liverpool are the ones I heard rumors about.

Man U make a lot of money every year and the longer they go on the less of a debt they have. Arsenal are also a profitable company. Man City lost £170m. A lot of that is players spending but the FFP will include players wages too. But with deals like allowing a sponsor to rename the stadium for 10 years, who know how much they can afford as they certainly aren't goint to make money like the big clubs.

Hmm, pie.

I would have said well done manchetser city but for 2 reasons. the money they put into buying the title and secondly the worst reason ever, they have liam gallagher as a fan, the most disgusting person on the planet. Oh well only another 18 titles to get into the liverpool/man u level of coolness now

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

zgamer5 15 hours ago sad im late to the party to help kowenicki out! amazing match, amazing comeback, and im so happy manure united got sent home empty handed. on other notes, what people here dont understand is that MONEY DOESNT BUY YOU TITLES

funny that a chelsea fan says money doesnt buy the title when their team bankrolled billions into buying the title. hmm then how did both chelski and manchester chitty do it then?

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Around the Network

to the absolute plonker that claims man u are not in manchester. if they aren't then why does it bother you so much? lets face it whatever chitty do now the biggest match of the english prem is liverpool / man u always has been always will. two of the greatest clubs in the world so come back in 2050 when chitty if they are lucky have any kind of history like these 2

zgamer5 said:
sad im late to the party to help kowenicki out! amazing match, amazing comeback, and im so happy manure united got sent home empty handed.

on other notes, what people here dont understand is that MONEY DOESNT BUY YOU TITLES. If it did, then the dominance barca had the last 4 years in la liga and in europe would have never happened, because big spender real would have crushed them every single time. football is about being a good team, believing you can win and keeping on playing till the last minute. city came back from an 8 point gap btw them and man u to win the title in amazing fashion. one month ago i told myself that man u were champions but fortunately it didnt happen.

im a chelsea fan and i would have never expected us to reach the champions league, especially because we beat the barca which always have that 12th man advantage on the pitch.

this season i learned that no matter what, if you believe in your team and if you are willing to fight and cheer them on no matter what you can do anything, and a great example of that is montepelier wining ligue 1 in france when two seasons ago they were in ligue 2.

Barcelona have the biggest wage bill of any team in any sport in the world.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/05/01/revealed-the-worlds-best-paid-teams-man-city-close-in-on-barca-and-real-madrid-010501/

City, Chelsea, United and Arsenal, the last four teams to win the title, are the highest in England, in that order.

Barca spend 15 million a year (that number is from an artcle I read a few years ago so I'm not sure about its accuracy today) on youth development, a bargain considering the value of the players they've produced but still a lot of money. In the last few years they've bought Fabregas for 30m, Villa for 30m and Ibrahimovic for 40m plus Eto'o, so 65m according to their valuation. Feel free to correct me on any of those numbers, they're just off the top of my head. Point is, they spend a shitload of money and they have to to compete in Spain and Europe.

"And dont call me a plonker, united isnt in Manchester.... any more than Oldham and Bury are, the fact that they are in some political map made up in recent times called Greater Manchester doesnt mean it is in Manchester. Ask someone from Salford or Trafford where they come from... they dont say Manchester, they say Salford, Trafford. Now off you trot you bitter red.... and what is Chitty... lol, thats a new one. or do you mean Citeh? "

If you gladly hold on to some old fashioned ideal that manchester is just as it was in the 1950's then maybe thats why you had to buy the title? Move with the times, manchester is one of the most diverse, clutural cities on the planet and if the city went with your ideas obviously would be stuck in the 1960's like chitty are it seems. By the way a chitty in these parts is a term for getting a piece of paper signed for more than what you need from the stores. Pretty much sums up chitty

i forward a link to educate you and hopefully it will enlighten you as to the name manchester and not just a befuggled mindset that chitty fans really have

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Manchester

kowenicki said:

City's revenue will grow rapidly over the coming years as it has in the last few years (UP 70% in 3 years)... They will be holding their own soon enough.

Interesting to see, I'm surprised Spurs is so high. That said, revenue does not mean profit. Surviving the FFP will be hard for clubs like Man City and Chelsea where the overall revenue does not match the wages. They may one time but there may be years of losses, especially if they spend £25 million on Van Persie and £25 million on Hazard. Arsenal on the other hand is profitable.

btw, what team do you support?

Hmm, pie.

kowenicki said:

my team choice shows loyalty, stickability and passion for the real game.....  but more than that an accident of birth as it was the nearest club to my home..  goddammit!!!!  how unlucky can you be.

Oldham Athletic.  We had 3 years in the top flight relatively recently but it utterly broke us... it was the days before the parachiute payments from the premier league so we were screwed after relegation.

I really really hate the flocking of football fans to the team that is the current best over any kind of emotional or geographical link.  It isnt what sport is about imo.  Why support a club you have no affinity with and no chance of ever seeing live (or very little chance).... I suspect its just so the person can be associated with success...  which is pretty weak if you ask me.

See if we all stuck to just the local side, I'd be supporting my local village from back home. I support the team my brother supports, he supports them because it was the first real football game he watched on TV at a relatives (who had passion for it), in Southampton.

I haven't had many chances to see Saints, all away games now living more up north, I tell you though if I wanted success, I picked the wrong team. :P

Hmm, pie.